Shinko Ravens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiofjr

Reaction score
these tires are one of the best bang -for-the-buck items I have ever bought. After 4k miles I still have about a third of the rear left and the front is at about half. The are comparable in feel and stick to the pilot roads I toasted last year. The only negative is that they run a lot warmer than anything else has for me. After a side by side 200 mile ride with a another fjr my tires were 25 degrees warmer than his Avons. I got a one time deal of $130 a set.

Which ones? I've got a set of 009's waiting in the "man room." I'll prolly get another couple K outta my OEM tires and then they're on.

Which ones? I've got a set of 009's waiting in the "man room." I'll prolly get another couple K outta my OEM tires and then they're on.
I thought Ravens were 009s. I have about 2500 on the rear and so far it is a good tire with plenty of grip. Now just to see how long it lasts.

:rolleyes:

I thought Ravens were 009s. I have about 2500 on the rear and so far it is a good tire with plenty of grip. Now just to see how long it lasts.

:rolleyes:
You know, I thought about that right after I hit the "add reply" button. Oh, well. It won't be the first time I've looked stupid.

these tires are one of the best bang -for-the-buck items I have ever bought. I got a one time deal of $130 a set.
That's one heck of a deal! I could get three sets, and have change left over, compared to the cost of the Michelin Pilot Road 2. If they only last half as long, I'll still make out! Where can I get a set?

I think I got mine from RideNow.com...If I remember correctly. Hang on, I'll see if I can find my old post.

edit: Yep, here's my old post with the link in it: Shinko's Not quite as cheap as posted above, but less than $155 with shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
These tires are working well for me also.

I am waiting to see how they handle in cold weather riding. We usually run 141 to Gateway, then To Bed rock and then to Moab and take river road home on January 1st. Just to start the new year right.

Bob

I think I got mine from RideNow.com...If I remember correctly. Hang on, I'll see if I can find my old post.

edit: Yep, here's my old post with the link in it: Shinko's Not quite as cheap as posted above, but less than $155 with shipping.
Thanks Scab. Checked out the web site and they want $80. front, $55. rear. and $20. shipping. I was ready to buy, only problem is the site is not secure. Don't want to take a chance.

The site claims "Hacker Safe - Tested Daily" & "BBB Online Registered" & "VeriSign Secured," but I am not sure what all that really means. I looked for a phone number but did not see one.

edit: Found it: 480-755-5402

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think I would want to run two-up fast for any distance on a hot day because of how how much hotter they run but outside of that I am delighted. But even that caveat is just a subjective opinion.