Atlanta Motorcycle Show FJR Luncheon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
Come out and join us for the 2nd annual Atlanta Motorcycle Show Luncheon. Below are all of the details. Please post up if your in for lunch so I can notify the restaurant with how many people to expect. We are doing it a little later this year to hopefully miss some of the crowd.

Show Hours for January 19th: 9:30am-8pm Show Link

You can buy tickets online, good way to avoid standing in line at the show.

FJR Luncheon: 1:30PM

Lunch Location: Jocks and Jills Restaurant at CNN Center, Right across the street from the show. (Yellow Star on Map Below)

If you don't know what we look like, (consider yourself lucky) and ask the hostess for the FJR Forum Table.

As noted on the map, last year they had free bike parking right by the convention center just north of the new Omni Hotel. I have a call into a few people that I know who work for the convention center and will update this post if I can confirm the parking for this year.

If anyone has questions, needs directions or other assistance post up or shoot me a PM. Look forward to seeing everyone. :D

JW

GWCC.jpg

FJR Luncheon: 1:30PMLunch Location: Jocks and Jills Restaurant at CNN Center, Right across the street from the show. (Yellow Star on Map Below)

If you don't know what we look like, (consider yourself lucky) and ask the hostess for the FJR Forum Table.

GWCC.jpg
Count me and the wifey in for lunch. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Sounds like a plan.....the wife and I should be able to make it. Gotta go to the show and pick up another of those freebie "Mad Maps" of the area. Lost mine on the way home after the ride around Rome with Calimus and his wife. I'm just glad it wasn't one of the nice laminated ones you had to actually pay for. :D

Ray

Yeah, I'm in. Maybe BB too. She's checking if she can get the day off.

As much as I would like to make it this year for the gathering becasue last years was such a nice time, I can only wish that all of you that attend have a safe ride and enjoy the show.....

Post some pictures won't you!

Wife and I are definitly in. It will be good to see some of you again. David, I hope BB can make it, my wife would love to meet her.

Ray, I'm really sorry I haven't stayed in touch, it's just been hectic since I got back from Denver just after our ride. However, we are looking forwar to catching back up with you at the show.

Jason, thanks for looking into the parking issue and for putting together the lunch details.

motorcop: i'm probably in for friday.... no kitchen pass for saturday and i can't convince her that she'll find something she likes there. :)

Sorry guys bristercl and I will not be able to attend this year........................

Is it earlier this year?????????seems like it was held late February last year, I guess its my oldtimers.

Scab you and BB should be able to pick up some deals on replacement parts :p

You guys enjoy, post some piccies and maybe I can plan for next year's event sooner. This year's event seems to have snuck up on me too late to make plans.

Sorry to hear that you can't make it this year, Bruce. We'll miss you. We're still gonna talk bad about you, but we'll miss you.

Checking the 10-day on Accuweather, looks like a chilly weekend, near freezing and windy on Friday, well below freezing Friday night. Better on Saturday, a little. Still, that's a 10-day forecast, good to with 30 degrees either way, right?

I was hoping to ride up, but I have nothing better for cold than the quilted liners in my Tour Master gear and some good gloves. Good enough for a 15-mile ride around here when it's 20-something, but I don't know about hours of it.

And I'd need a balaclava or something, get my face and neck covered.

I do NOT want to drive up, but that may be all I can do.

And even that is assuming work lets me out on Friday, and there's enough money after the bills, and that Mrs. Me agrees to release me or join me, and that I can reach my friend downtown for a place to stay, and - - - well, it's still a maybe.

Not sure yet but might try to scoot up from Coral Springs, FL, would likely be Fri evening departure and Sun morning return. Can anyone recommend a reasonable motel in the vicinity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure yet but might try to scoot up from Coral Springs, FL, would likely be Fri evening departure and Sun morning return. Can anyone recommend a reasonable motel in the vicinity?
PM Jwilly. It's his neighborhood. You should be able to catch him before he gets out of town at the beginning of the week.

I hope they will have an actual FJR down there. I was at the show up here in Toronto last weekend and it SUCKED!!!!!!!! Not one FJR in the place. Clearly I went to the wrong show. Apparently the manufacturers show the new line ups at the fall show here in T.O. Enjoy!!!!