Central Coast Romp II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Carrying on the ride report thread that TwoWheelNut started (you must see his pics from 33!), I decided to create another thread as I loaded up that first thread with so many pics of 49 and such that it takes forever to load. I figured adding more would just make it unreadable. If you have dial up, broadband is worth it ;)

We are carrying on from this thread: Central Coast Romp

Leaving the parking lot at Harris Ranch was funny. The road seemed wide open and all the bikes and cages decided to leave at once. None of the cagers thought we wanted to stick together.

DSC04183.jpg

We got it worked out as soon as we crossed over I-5. We got into formation on 198 as we headed to the hills.

DSC04188.jpg

Our gracious hosts were riding behind us (hello TC and Eve!)

DSC04190.jpg

The sky was a bit overcast, but it certainly was good riding weather with dry roads and very little wind. Our group was in good formation as we entered the twisties. 198 was a lot of fun as most of the road was made before humans started levelling off hills to make flat roads. Therefore, we had turns that changed attitude and some nice whooptees.

DSC04197.jpg

The twisty stuff started with high speed sweepers in very pleasant terrain.

DSC04202.jpg

There is some evidence that legal passing took place.

DSC04205.jpg

It's getting time to break out of formation flying and assume the single file romp.

DSC04206.jpg

The road was in excellent condition, and the scenery was nice too

DSC04212.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

Everything seemed to be going well until this semi truck started passing some of our group. :haha:

DSC04218.jpg

more to follow

standby

Last edited by a moderator:
198 is a fun road...now is the time to ride out here. If anyone is planning a trip to California for riding, remember: April and May. TC gliding through a turn on 198.

DSC04219.jpg

As we climbed in altitude, the view started getting a bit shorter for the clouds, but there was hope that it would clear for us with the sun obviously ready to break through.

DSC04240.jpg

Atop a hill, we stopped. I don't know why. I guess we liked each other so much we wanted to reflect on our ride. 198 was about to get more technical from here.

DSC04246.jpg

There were a lot of blue bikes. I heard the question, "Why are they all blue?" several times.

DSC04248.jpg

But they weren't all blue.

DSC04252.jpg

From 198 we went North on 25 to Hollister. As they say in CalMex - Mucho fun dude.

There were a bunch of bikes chasing me and they seemed to be just as fast as me!

DSC04266.jpg

We took another break close to this bull.

DSC04272.jpg

Then we took another break.

DSC04276.jpg

The scenery was nice for this break

DSC04277.jpg

There were bikes parked here

DSC04281.jpg

and there

DSC04280.jpg

I stole the camera on this break

DSC04282.jpg

Then Sherri got it back

DSC04286.jpg

and we headed to the coast from Hollister to Monterey/Carmel to take the Cabrillo Highway (CA-1) South to Morro Bay for a meal. At this point, some riders went home. It was nice meeting you Jerry, Lisa and Robert!

For those that don't know, California Highway 1 is called various things. Cabrillo Highway here, Pacific Coast Highway there, but it's always called CA-1. Is it worth riding? Yes. It adds to all the other great experiences of life.

DSC04292.jpg

There are some things to be careful of. Sometimes there are mud slides that leave dirt until the next rain, sometimes the rain leaves stuff in turns for us to be careful of.

DSC04300.jpg

There are open fields

DSC04295.jpg

Densely wooded forests

DSC04299.jpg

and all with the Pacific Ocean at your side

DSC04310.jpg

mtfs

Last edited by a moderator:
This is perhaps in my top 5 favorite pics of the trip:

DSC04320.jpg

Rudy, TC and TWN in front. Soon the pics stopped as I decided to ride too fast to make photos very easy :rolleyes:

DSC04321.jpg

Then the three bikes of the break away pac took a break and waited for the rest of the group, who apparently decided to take a break before we did...so we waited 5 hours. okay...20 minutes.

DSC04322.jpg

Where we took this break was near an old ranchhouse.

DSC04324.jpg

A ranch house on the coast...here's their coast:

DSC04328.jpg

Here's their hill

DSC04326.jpg

Here's the hotel across the street

DSC04327.jpg

Here are their clouds

DSC04323.jpg

mtfs

A few miles South, we approach Morro Bay.

DSC04336.jpg

There was a paraglider there to welcome us

DSC04340.jpg

Nice view these people have!

DSC04343.jpg

We had a dinner with the remaining riders. TWN and TCFJR split for home, so it was a meal with TC, Eve, Ovale, Joyfulgirl, George (khuna?) and his wife Jan joined us. George and Jan live in Morro Bay. sigh.

After dinner we road 12 miles South to Pismo beach. Hey Bugs Bunny! Here's Pismo!!!

DSC04345.jpg

More to follow once I get the ride home uploaded...

I love YOUR ride reports! :D
Beautiful photography. Ain't motorcycling fun?
Just ain't it though? I have a grin that starts at one end of my heart and goes all the way to the other side...this grin is a deep, meaningful grin :D