Finally got my new Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRepairMan

Reaction score
Picked it up Saturday at Atlas Honda/Yamaha in Bristol, VA

13417405387.jpg

It's a blast!

Roger

Oh, you shit! You're as bad as those bastards at my local yammi shop. The park that exact same bike right at the front door just to torture the livin' piss out of me every time I walk in!

Damn, that thing looks goooooood!!!!!

Does it ride as good as it looks?

Please, say no.

You should have met us on the way out of shady valley Saturday!
Maybe next time...
Hey Travis, I'd love to!

I put right at 100 miles on her Sat and Sun so I'm ready to do my first oil change ...but the dealer said it would take a week to get the oil filter in ...I'll find one somewhere!

What's this handle on the right do when you grab a big fist full ???

13505464830.jpg

Here is a not so great pic of me and the bike but pretty good of Holston mountain that separates my house from Shady Valley ...I've only been a short distance out 421 so far ...still scrubbin in the new treads.

13505493730.jpg

'scab'Does it ride as good as it looks?

Please, say no.
Okay ...no.

Even better!

Hope to see y'all out there!

Roger B in Tennessee B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man. Nice looking bike. I keep thinking about getting something sportier to keep my FJR company but between gas, tires, and farkles for the bike I have I can't seem to set aside enough fun bucks to actually start shopping.

I bought the FZ6 and love it but... I am going to buy the FZ1 as well. Love the Shift Red. Good looking ride!!!

On yamahafz1oa.com a guy just put lowers on the 06 FZ1 and it looked like a mini fjr. I liked it a lot. Many like it better than the older fz1's which didn't look so good with lowers.

Very nice ride...

On yamahafz1oa.com a guy just put lowers on the 06 FZ1 and it looked like a mini fjr. I liked it a lot. Many like it better than the older fz1's which didn't look so good with lowers.
Very nice ride...

Can you scam us a pic?

Very nice ride...

Can you scam us a pic?
Sure, be right back

sparky3008 said:

Very nice ride...

Can you scam us a pic?
Sure, be right back
FZ1lower2.jpg

FZ1lowers.jpg

I like that thing. The only negative on that bike is that funky little tail hanging down. But hey, couldn't see that from where I would sit, so who cares?

It sure would look good sitting next to the feej.

dear santa:

I have been real, real good.

All I want is......

I like that thing. The only negative on that bike is that funky little tail hanging down. But hey, couldn't see that from where I would sit, so who cares?It sure would look good sitting next to the feej.

dear santa:

All I want is......
Scab, just about every sport bike today has that and is easy taken care of with a undertail.

Something that isn't available for the fjr. :D

I like that thing. The only negative on that bike is that funky little tail hanging down. But hey, couldn't see that from where I would sit, so who cares?

It sure would look good sitting next to the feej.

dear santa:

All I want is......
Scab, just about every sport bike today has that and is easy taken care of with a undertail.

Something that isn't available for the fjr. :D
Yeah guys, here's a link to some close up photos of a tail mod on a new 06 FZ1 done by one of the FZ1oa board members.

https://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51733

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you need to order some FJR bags and subframe mounts, that'd be killer. It's doable!

Definatly gotta hack off that tail.

Who says you can't do it to an fjr?

christmas2.jpg

Where are you at Roger? Sounds like you're near the lake somewhere...

Travis,

I'm right up the road from you in Bluff City. May be three miles from 421 to my east....so, yeah, not very far from Boone Lake or South Holston either direction. I love this area for access to great bike routes.

Now, guys. You all are no different for the FZ1 owners over on their forum. Always trying to turn the latest version of the FZ1 into an FJR.

Having had ridden the new FZ1 I think is won't impress many of you FJR owners when loaded up and pulling at lower rpms. She just doesn't have big torque like the FJR1300 or the ST1300 I had the pleasure of working out with last year ...

...but, having said that, if you do love the upright riding posture yet want something very capable of going fast and cornering hard, the FZ1 is the ticket and closely resembles the performance, feel and sound of Yamaha's R1 yet lets you slow down and sit up to enjoy a more relaxed ride if you so desire.

Giving my own comparison between the new FZ1 and the much heavier ST1300. This Yamaha offers very little protection from the elements and no factory bags are offered in the US, but it does everything else way better in every way. This is simply a lighter, more powerful and much more fun machine to operate in almost all riding conditions IMHO. That's why some rags have already named it bike of the year for 06.

Roger

Now you need to order some FJR bags and subframe mounts, that'd be killer. It's doable!

Definatly gotta hack off that tail.

Who says you can't do it to an fjr?

christmas2.jpg

Where are you at Roger? Sounds like you're near the lake somewhere...
I had seen yours before and it just doesn't seem finished to me. The fact that you can't remove the mud flap part with bolts on ours like you can others and just make a bracket means you have to destroy the stock parts. If you don't like it you are stuck. If you sell you are stuck and I have gone down that road before.

A fender eliminator kit for the fz1 would be nice also. I haven't seen any just yet for the 06 but sure they will be out soon.

The fact that you can't remove the mud flap part with bolts on ours like you can others and just make a bracket means you have to destroy the stock parts. If you don't like it you are stuck. If you sell you are stuck and I have gone down that road before.
The replacement plastic part is about $89, nothing for me to loose sleep over.

Yeah, it's not a traitional clean tail, but a lot more simplistic. If I wanted to re-locate the license even more, you could take that whole thing down to nothing. There's also the italian undertail that either covers or replaces that part.