RTE&L, July 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbentnail

Economic Plankton
Reaction score
Preliminary plans

Route_zpsxtheqybc.jpg

Start Sat, 7/9 at the bottom of the red line in Asheboro, NC and head north to meet Ken the HD Guy. Then west/sw on the purple line to Black Mtn, NC for the E&L part: Eat and Lodge. Eats here. Lodge at

Quality Inn
585 Hwy 9, Black Mountain, NC, 28711, US
Phone: (828 ) 669-9950 Fax: (828 ) 669-1165
100% Smoke Free

Sunday we ride the blue line! Hwy 9 all the way to the Atlantic Ocean in Cherry Grove, SC. Eats TBD. Lodging here

Quality Inn & Suites
1601 Hwy 17 North, North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582, US
Phone: (843) 272-6153 Fax: (843) 272-4963

Monday we head home on the green line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

If you're an ATGATT snob be aware that some participants may not meet your personal requirements. You may want to consider staying away if this is the case. JSNS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA, pt. 2: Participants:

definites:

rbentnail

Ken the HD Guy

Rob the Kaw Guy

Uncle Hud

ericboutin + his "friend", not that there's anything wrong with that
rolleyes.gif

Steve the HD Guy

griff

probables:

watching:

klubis

eflyguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching this.

There's a certain kind of place in Florence that a man can detour into and hope his lust doesn't get the better of him.

It might be a little safer to go in there on the bike, since I can only leave with not much more than I came in with, thereby avoiding financial/marital distress.

https://www.agrisupply.com/

1911 posted: Watching this.
There's a certain kind of place in Florence that a man can detour into and hope his lust doesn't get the better of him. It might be a little safer to go in there on the bike, since I can only leave with not much more than I came in with, thereby avoiding financial/marital distress.

https://www.agrisupply.com/
My newly-widowed mother lives in Florence, as does a brother and his wife. I have said on more than one occasion that Florence, SC, is the most boring town in the world. 1911's post caught me off guard, especially since I missed the link, and made me wonder if I am really as clueless as nieces and nephews believe.

Turns out I'm not. The things that can excite a man vary widely, I see.

rbentnail, I may join you for a piece of this: meeting y'all en route near Spartanburg, then dropping off at I-95 to go visit Mom. Can you convince a few of the Upstate Gang to join you?

"Danger is no stranger to an underwater Ranger."

rbentnail, I may join you for a piece of this: meeting y'all en route near Spartanburg, then dropping off at I-95 to go visit Mom. Always welcome. I-95 is a bit out of the way and a PITA IMO. Consider hopping off at US 52 in Cheraw. Mucho more leisurely but hey, it's your ride
rolleyes.gif
Can you convince a few of the Upstate Gang to join you? I posted up, if anyone wants to join in for part or all they're welcome. Be aware that we aren't setting any speed records or getting in any hurry at all.
Come on down to the flatlands fellas. Phils BBQ is only .2 miles from the Lodging in Blk Mtn so most of us will walk. Eats in NMB TBD, there's a couple chain restaurants near the motel. But I was thinking of a good club sammich. We'll figure it out when we get there.

Update- Rob the Kaw Guy will be staying at my place Friday night and doing the whole ride. Yoose guys don't know him but he's good folks. He, Ken and I have ridden many miles together.

Ken the HD Guy is in.

Steve the HD Guy is a "probable". Also good folks.

Change my status to fer sher -- partly.

Remember I'll meet y'all at the I-85 interchange near Spartanburg (QuikTrip? Raceway? Kangaroo?) and will peel off at I-95 to go visit Mom. Pedro says, "Too bad you'll miss South of the Border."

Change my status to fer sher -- partly.
Remember I'll meet y'all at the I-85 interchange near Spartanburg (QuikTrip? Raceway? Kangaroo?) and will peel off at I-95 to go visit Mom. Pedro says, "Too bad you'll miss South of the Border."
Let's do Raceway, only b/c it's on the convenient side of the road for us
rolleyes.gif
. Time TBD, 9 or 10-ish. I still got your cell # if it hasn't changed.

And I go thru Dillon, SC a lot, haven't missed a thing a SOTB. 'Cept maybe the occasional stop for fireworks
punk.gif

Sounds like fun, but wifey and I will be in the PNW for a mcy trip during that time.

Duane, behave there now!

Hey this sounds like a pretty cool gig. I live in Wilmington North Carolina. Maybe I could meet up with you some somewhere along the way to Ashboro. I probably won't be able to stay the night in North Myrtle Beach but will head back home to Wilmington. sounds like a cool idea and a chance to meet some of ya.

Hey this sounds like a pretty cool gig. I live in Wilmington North Carolina. Maybe I could meet up with you some somewhere along the way to Ashboro. I probably won't be able to stay the night in North Myrtle Beach but will head back home to Wilmington. sounds like a cool idea and a chance to meet some of ya.
I'm a little confused. Are you meaning meet up somewhere on Monday morning as we travel back to Asheboro? The order of the ride:

Start Sat, 7/9 at the bottom of the red line in Asheboro, NC and head north to meet Ken the HD Guy. Then west/sw on the purple line to Black Mtn, NC for [overnight]...

Sunday we ride the blue/yellow/cyan line! Hwy 9 all the way to the Atlantic Ocean in Cherry Grove, SC. [overnight in NMB]

Monday we head home on the green line.

If indeed you want to meet up Monday morning as we leave the beach, may I suggest meeting in Little River, SC? It's about an hr from Wilmington but as we leave we'll quickly be getting farther and farther away from your home.

will talk to boss and make sure she doesn't have other plans for me that weekend. if not ill hook up with you guys as you stop in sparkleburg. the old hwy 9 route to the sea is a nice ride.

will talk to boss and make sure she doesn't have other plans for me that weekend. if not ill hook up with you guys as you stop in sparkleburg. the old hwy 9 route to the sea is a nice ride.
Excellent, glad to [maybe] have you along. Going all the way to the beach? Thinking of staying overnight?

The meetup with U. Hud is at the SC-9/ I-85 intersection, tentatively 10:30-ish:

Raceway Convenience and Gas

1697 Boiling Springs Rd

Boiling Springs, SC 29316

I've done Hwy 9 from Bennettsville to the coast but none of it west of there. I thought it would be nice to do 'just because'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again fellas, we aren't going to be breaking any speed records and we take generous breaks. This is going to be a "look around, have some coffee, leisurely long weekend off of work" type of ride.

Hmm lemme throw my hat into the ring as a maybe.....and I would be joining in with Uncle Hud at the Raceway as I live a stone's throw away. Oh and I think you meant to say the I-85/Hwy 9 intersection not I95 yes? Anyway bummed wheaton can't make it....how bout Griff and some of the others?

Hmm lemme throw my hat into the ring as a maybe.....and I would be joining in with Uncle Hud at the Raceway as I live a stone's throw away. Oh and I think you meant to say the I-85/Hwy 9 intersection not I95 yes? Anyway bummed wheaton can't make it....how bout Griff and some of the others?
Also excellent! And thanks for the correction- fixed.