The first AE recall???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copyman

Reaction score
Just got back from checking the mail. In today's junk was an envelope from Mama Yammie. What's this? A thank you goody for buying a new bike? An extended warranty offer? No to all the above. A new Owners Manual???? Seems they want me to know what to do if the electronic shift mechanism malfunctions. Oh, and a letter informing me that, while they thank me for buying the AE model and the FJR riders are a demanding bunch, they want me to bring the bike back. :angry2:

"We have determined that the electronic shift actuator mechanism on your motorcycle should be mounted more securely to deliver the kind of durability you and Yamaha expect over the long haul". HMMMMM!!!!! Does this sound like a recall to you? It does to me. B)

The repair will add 3 new brackets for sturdier mounting and should take about an hour, "although your dealer may need to keep your motorcycle longer depending upon his Service Department schedule or if he needs to order a brand new actuator assembly." :dribble:

I guess I should have expected as much. I know I bought a braand new technology and this type of thing happens when you do that. Am I really that upset. No, just did not want the A model owners with the 17MPG problem to feel lonely. :)

Just got back from checking the mail. In today's junk was an envelope from Mama Yammie. What's this? A thank you goody for buying a new bike? An extended warranty offer? No to all the above. A new Owners Manual???? Seems they want me to know what to do if the electronic shift mechanism malfunctions. Oh, and a letter informing me that, while they thank me for buying the AE model and the FJR riders are a demanding bunch, they want me to bring the bike back. :angry2:
"We have determined that the electronic shift actuator mechanism on your motorcycle should be mounted more securely to deliver the kind of durability you and Yamaha expect over the long haul". HMMMMM!!!!! Does this sound like a recall to you? It does to me. B)

The repair will add 3 new brackets for sturdier mounting and should take about an hour, "although your dealer may need to keep your motorcycle longer depending upon his Service Department schedule or if he needs to order a brand new actuator assembly." :dribble:

I guess I should have expected as much. I know I bought a braand new technology and this type of thing happens when you do that. Am I really that upset. No, just did not want the A model owners with the 17MPG problem to feel lonely. :)
aha -- now where are all the folks who told me that I was off base when I mentioned a recall by the mother ship a couple of weeks ago??? eh?

CopyMan, what is your serial number? Wonder if all the bikes need the brackets or just certain earlier ones? Mine's #128, so I may be getting a letter soon. Nothing yet, though. Bummer. Guess I'll put a shifter inspection on my FJR AE pre-ride checklist until I hear something. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're going to have to hit rad up for that...personally, I prefer to sweat. It builds character.

You're going to have to hit rad up for that...personally, I prefer to sweat. It builds character.
hey odot thought this was another friggin ribbin, you know - a hoax.

Bullshit, just came in with the mail and shonuf got my new manual and smarmy letter from Mamahamma.

While they are at it they need to smooth out the dam throttle and fix the sneeky clutch engagement!

Still like the bike tho!

This is real...dealership sees the update as of 8/19 and they said the current set up can flex causing a potential for the weld to wear out. It failed the "torque test" so they are adding brackets for strength. 20 pounds...heh... ;)

Bullshit, just came in with the mail and shonuf got my new manual and smarmy letter from Mamahamma.

While they are at it they need to smooth out the dam throttle and fix the sneeky clutch engagement!

Still like the bike tho!
Smarmy? Must be some kind of french word or something. Got a definition, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Where are the brackets they are talking about? Been out there, checked and not sure what they are talking about.

Still like the bike tho!
Smarmy? Must be some kind of french word or something. Got a definition, perhaps? :rolleyes:
Not far off, try to make you feel good while they stick it up. :angry:

Hypocritically, complacently, or effusively earnest; unctuous :eek:

trippletango, my pit bull (see avatar) is offended that you would think we posted a hoax. she said something about your dog should have told you that dog to dog we don't post hoaxes. :assassin:

trippletango, my pit bull (see avatar) is offended that you would think we posted a hoax. she said something about your dog should have told you that dog to dog we don't post hoaxes. :assassin:
Great dogs my daughter has a couple! Pit Bulls that is, full of life and very sweet! My Mastiff lies around and sleeps most of the time. he is only 9 months and weighs 110!

Hey there have been some great hoaxes on this board. Your post was just a little too accurate in all reporting to be classified as a hoax. You are right. Poetic licence on my part.

Yep, sure enough, I recieved my letter last night when I got home from work. The dealer here in Jacksonville FL never heard of it so I'm waiting for a callback from them...