2006 Temperature Sensor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Anyone know where the ambient temperature sensor is located? I would assume somewhere in the upper front cowling area? While I'm asking questions, away from my service manual, does anyone know how it works? Is it a thermoucouple, RTD, thermistor, or?

Last edited by a moderator:
Air cleaner, thermistor, assuming you mean engine. If they have a dash indicator, no idea. Probably somewhere in the air.

Right side -

116986686-L.jpg

The '06 has the ambient temp sensor (thermistor) up its nose :eek: as shown by kaitsdad, and it's used solely for the ambient temp display. The '06 also retains two other temp sensors common to all years that are used by the ECU solely for FI control. One is in the air box for intake air temp as Rad noted, and the other is under the seat, near the back of the ECU and it is used for measuring ambient.

The '06 has the ambient temp sensor (thermistor) up its nose :eek: as shown by kaitsdad, and it's used solely for the ambient temp display. The '06 also retains two other temp sensors common to all years that are used by the ECU solely for FI control. One is in the air box for intake air temp as Rad noted, and the other is under the seat, near the back of the ECU and it is used for measuring ambient.
My gosh.. how do all you fart smellers know all this stuff? But I'm glad you do!

Whats with the drive cable KD?

Radman, like Dcarver says, that's the right side headlight adjuster cable. It's really fun reattaching that little sucker to the back of the panel ..... kind of like reattaching the speedo cable on my mom's 63 Rambler American 220 after it would go for a drive during the night.

(I'm so glad she never really checked her fuel mileage. :ph34r: )

My gosh.. how do all you fart smellers know all this stuff? But I'm glad you do!

kuz wee kin reeeed....... :huh: ??