• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Guardian mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
Having previously made a bracket to mount the Helmet Guardian lock to my 2004 FJR (see prior posts/pictures) it did not fit the newer body style (2006 and up) FJR. I have subsequently designed one that fits on the right side of the bike (rear sub-frame) just to the right of the muffler support. Made of aluminum with SS hardware. Unlike the first design, it does NOT fit on the left side (due to numerous changes in the bike) however it also bolts up without modifications to the bike and looks stock.. It was designed around a 2007 model and should fit the 2006 model.. (I have pictures of it bolted up however I'm having trouble loading on the forum).. Should anyone be interested, please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] for further info and pictures.. Thanks, Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
pics attached

2x.jpg

1x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Scott. Looks very nice & neat. I still need to get up w/ you about a bracket for my bike. It's still sitting on my desk at work waiting for me to do something about it.

Now that I've been reminded, please be watching your mail.

Heidi

Any chance of a pic with a helmet on the holder?
_________________________________________________________________________________

I don't have any pictures with the helmet attached. The bike pictured was in the showroom (they wre kind enough to let me snap some pic's).

Is this the one I remember seeing that can be mounted most anywhere? My friend needs a helmet lock for his Tuono. He has a real nice flat bracket around the tail section to mount it on. If not anyone with a link? thanks Mike in Fremont, Ca.

Is this the one I remember seeing that can be mounted most anywhere? My friend needs a helmet lock for his Tuono. He has a real nice flat bracket around the tail section to mount it on. If not anyone with a link? thanks Mike in Fremont, Ca.
__________________________________________________________________________________

The bracket is specifically designed for the right side of the 2006 and 2007 model using a Helmet Gardian lock assembly. If your friend has the exact same size frame (rectangular) as the FJR he may be able to use it...Below is a picture of the bracket itself.
P1010002.jpg

I have recently installed one of Scott's brackets and wanted to give a big THUMBS UP! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unfortunately, my camera is unavailable, but the pictures already in this thread are accurate.

My biggest concern was the proximity to the exhaust. To keep my lid away from the heat, I simply deploy the passenger footpeg and it provides a good resting point.

I do have to fold the chin strap inside the helmet to keep it from touching the pipes.

I used the lock from Kuryakyn's part #4248. It re-keyed easily to match the ignition. (My locksmith said it is a Honda automobile part).

This is a somewhat expensive farkle, with all the pieces and labor, but worth it IMHO. It looks factory and is very easy to install.

Scott's customer service was excellent. :clapping:

Latest posts