Front tire 19mm socket for cheap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
I went to change my front tire and discovered I had not yet aquired the 19mm allen wrench required. After much searching at my local Auto parts places I was still empty handed. The largest anyone had was a 17mm. i ordered the tool and spanner set from Bike johnny but I cant wait 2 weeks for a tire change. So I found the tool at a Napa store local. you can order online see link.

link

6.99 sure beats all the prices I've seen, even on ebay. I would cancel my order with Bike Johnny but I still need the spanner anyway.

NOTE: this is for a 1/2 drive, so if you are like me and have a 3/8 torque wrench, you'll need the adapter/reducer pretty much avail anyplace or order it when you get the socket here for $6.99 as well.

It lists a 3/8 female to a 1/2 male, but the pic does not correspond with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
3/4 inch hex stock, about 1 inch long. You can make

a dozen for about a quarter apice.

Spark plug socket works great. You just have to make sure there isn't a "shoulder" inside so you can in fact get the socket extension to engage. I got mine for about $5 at Lowe's.

It seems that 3/4" brass hex stock might be easier to find, at least it was in the small machine shop here where I work.

One of the machinists is lopping 2 2" pieces for me today.

Thanks for the 19mm to 3/4" reminder, I don't think about switching from metric to SAE sizes.

Latest posts