0 to 100 MPH in....?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the fighter jets take off they go from zero to 165-170 mph in less than 2 seconds!
What kind of pussy airplane is that, anyway?
This kind..... :p

sonicboom.jpg
sonicboomFJR.jpg

My GENII seems to fly fairly well.....

This is a shaft drive touring bike with bags for luggage...it does not go very fast...
...Officer.
Not a word of a lie. This morning I was going down and undivided 4 lane behind 2 guys on a couple of nakeds. They were doing about 10 over the posted speed limit which is standard practice. I pull out into the passing lane and go around them. I saw the car parked on the side of the road; didn't think nothing of it. So lets say I was doing 20 over when mister officer in an unmarked cruiser gets me on radar. I swear the cop waved at me, then pulled over the 2 guys behind me.

Theirs something to be said for hard bags and a hi-viz vest and the message they send.
[threaddrift]

I love the 'sleeper look to the bike, I'm sure it's saved me a performance award or two, but it doesn't always work.

2 years ago, on Veterans Day, Wanderette and I were riding SB on I-25 through Denver coming home from RMNP. 2-up, matching ATGATT. sidecases, topcase, tankbag the whole catastrophe. The very model of boring, responsible touring riders. Moderate traffic, speed limit drops from 75 to 65. No lane changes in several miles. We got pulled over. I shut off the bike, pop open the modular helmet, both hands on the bars. I ask permission to dismount... DL, reg, ins, etc... sees my AZ DL, CO plates.....I tell him I'm Active Duty Army and show the ID. he says he locked me in 69 in a 65.

That SOB wrote me a ticket for 4 over. to an active duty soldier on Veterans Day.

[/threaddrift]

Last edited by a moderator:
[threaddrift]I love the 'sleeper look to the bike, I'm sure it's saved me a performance award or two, but it doesn't always work.

2 years ago, on Veterans Day, Wanderette and I were riding SB on I-25 through Denver coming home from RMNP. 2-up, matching ATGATT. sidecases, topcase, tankbag the whole catastrophe. The very model of boring, responsible touring riders. Moderate traffic, speed limit drops from 75 to 65. No lane changes in several miles. We got pulled over. I shut off the bike, pop open the modular helmet, both hands on the bars. I ask permission to dismount... DL, reg, ins, etc... sees my AZ DL, CO plates.....I tell him I'm Active Duty Army and show the ID. he says he locked me in 69 in a 65.

That SOB wrote me a ticket for 4 over. to an active duty soldier on Veterans Day.

[/threaddrift]
That guys a fooker-big time....that's all there is to that. 69 in a 65. geez :angry2:

[threaddrift]I love the 'sleeper look to the bike, I'm sure it's saved me a performance award or two, but it doesn't always work.

[/threaddrift]
That guys a fooker-big time....that's all there is to that. 69 in a 65. geez :angry2:

His wife must have left him...

For a guy on a bike! Either that or he's a total asshole!

Hey Speed3, I'd reckon your 06 needs a tune & your Dad is faster when it comes to opening the taps. Experience counts. By the way, even if their was the remote possibility & I mean a 1 in a billion chance the 04 was slightly faster, don't let RJ or RH

get wind of this. The crap will just keep spewing forth, akin to volcano Eyjafjallajokull. :D
In this area it doesn't really have much to do with experience unfortunatly. I'm a "OK rider" and been around the block once or twice.

His bike is certainly faster...5th gear roll on's he jumps a bike or so ahead and continue's to pull. Same result running through the gears. My 06 has 800 miles on it, maybe when it breaks-in this gap wont be as large. The 04 just has an air filter and PCIII and mine is bone stock. I've probably got 35 lbs on him but on a 600lb bike, thats nothing.

I'm not complaining about it...just stating the facts. Maybe I just have a dud LOL.
06 with 800 miles on it????? you did mean 8,000 , right?

This is a shaft drive touring bike with bags for luggage...it does not go very fast...
...Officer.
Not a word of a lie. This morning I was going down and undivided 4 lane behind 2 guys on a couple of nakeds. They were doing about 10 over the posted speed limit which is standard practice. I pull out into the passing lane and go around them. I saw the car parked on the side of the road; didn't think nothing of it. So lets say I was doing 20 over when mister officer in an unmarked cruiser gets me on radar. I swear the cop waved at me, then pulled over the 2 guys behind me.

Theirs something to be said for hard bags and a hi-viz vest and the message they send.
[threaddrift]

I love the 'sleeper look to the bike, I'm sure it's saved me a performance award or two, but it doesn't always work.

[/threaddrift]

A disgrace! Shame on that officer..........

Hey Speed3, I'd reckon your 06 needs a tune & your Dad is faster when it comes to opening the taps. Experience counts. By the way, even if their was the remote possibility & I mean a 1 in a billion chance the 04 was slightly faster, don't let RJ or RH

get wind of this. The crap will just keep spewing forth, akin to volcano Eyjafjallajokull. :D
In this area it doesn't really have much to do with experience unfortunatly. I'm a "OK rider" and been around the block once or twice.

His bike is certainly faster...5th gear roll on's he jumps a bike or so ahead and continue's to pull. Same result running through the gears. My 06 has 800 miles on it, maybe when it breaks-in this gap wont be as large. The 04 just has an air filter and PCIII and mine is bone stock. I've probably got 35 lbs on him but on a 600lb bike, thats nothing.

I'm not complaining about it...just stating the facts. Maybe I just have a dud LOL.
06 with 800 miles on it????? you did mean 8,000 , right?

sorry , did not read far enough along................... great find!

Reason fro an 04 being quicker ,,(not faster) is the early models Gen 1 where lower geared than gen 2's

Reason fro an 04 being quicker ,,(not faster) is the early models Gen 1 where lower geared than gen 2's
And yer point is???

My point is, "who cares why a Gen I is quicker than a Gen II?" Superiority doesn't have to have a reason. It's just superior. What your saying is akin to "The Patriots only beat the Colts in the Superbowl is because they scored more points."

And yer point is???

My point is, "who cares why a Gen I is quicker than a Gen II?" Superiority doesn't have to have a reason. It's just superior. What your saying is akin to "The Patriots only beat the Colts in the Superbowl is because they scored more points."
"Who cares why a genone is quicker than a Gen11?" What a contradiction!!!!! RH, give up your "radio job" & become a politician. The ease at which you can bend & twist any circumstance & tamper with the truth, makes you the perfect candidate. "Senator Howie" --Yeah, that's got a certain ring to It. :yes:

No ground spiders, no whistles, no heat, no vibration, no ticking, no slip clutches, no transmission noise, on and on and on , beautiful black color, 1/2 a tick slower to 125MPH. Humm I think a 2009 Gen 2 sounds pretty good.

BGH60

Hi to all. The best I could managed on my FJR (05) was 238 km/h ( 148.75 mp/h ). There are a big buzz in our country - the Soccer world cup 2010 kicked off today and South Africa and Mexico draw 1 all in the opening match. Enjoy the weakend