04 brake rotor recommendation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Swart

Reaction score
Hi there I’m a new member on my second fjr. I replaced my tires today with t31’s and noticed the front rotors aren’t quite straight. I had noticed a slight shake over 85mph. Any suggestions on rotors ? Oem, aftermarket? Thanks in advance 

There’s several aftermarket alternatives depending on budget. Cheap (Chinese) replacements have had good and bad reviews. Personally, I’d stick with OE and remove any doubt. 

~G

Hi there I’m a new member on my second fjr. I replaced my tires today with t31’s and noticed the front rotors aren’t quite straight. I had noticed a slight shake over 85mph. Any suggestions on rotors ? Oem, aftermarket? Thanks in advance 
Just as a slight aside, your initial comment about "shake over 85mph", I would have thought it most unlikely to be due to the brake rotors. Even if wavy, they would simply knock the pads back until they didn't hit, and certainly wouldn't affect the balance. So it's much more likely to be that the old tyre wasn't balanced (could be front or rear that's unbalanced of course).

And, for he record, I once had rotors replaced, but this was done under warranty, so obviously OEM parts were used (writeup here).

Like escapefjrtist, I personally would only be comfortable with OEM (and all new bolts of course). My understanding is that it is not an easy job, the bolts are Loctited in and require a lot of heat to get out.