04 ticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appaloosa

Reaction score
Well my 04 has been ticking since 4500 miles very slight,now at 6000 she's really sounding off and idling around 1350 rpm with the idle all the down

Took it the new Yamaha dealer in town and explained the problem and the porblems I've read on the web. He said he wanted to call Yamaha and discuss it with them.Being a new dealer they have never sold a FJR yet much less see one.

Yamaha has ok'ed under warranty a valve adjustment at 6000 miles.I realize it more serious than this as the bike is really ticking loud now at all rpm ranges.Starting to run rough and a loss of power in the low rpm range.

Such a shame for a new bike to have to have the engine opened up. I like the FJR even with the heat issue but this is really starting to suck.I have maintain this and all prior bikes myself and consider myself pretty proficent in mechanical knowledge and really hate have someone else open up my engine, but I dont plan on paying for the parts to do it myself on a fairly new bike.

This bike has had the best oil since new and i do the intervals 1/2 of the recommened times. It's really depressing to have this happen. I read about it before I purchased the Fjr but thought It wouldn't happen to me. So much for that thought. Hell I only put high octane in this thing and had went to Mobil 1 cycle oil at 3000mi.

My Kawasaki Concours I had for 18 years with 0 problems.Bought it new in 86 the first year out and she treated me good. Heck most people thought the bike was new when I sold it after I bought the FJR.

I miss my Connie ! :(

My condolences. Just got mine back from the repair. Glad I kept the ZX-11. The ol Kaw refuses to let me down.