05 fjr pressure regulator/pressure sensor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telliott2171

Reaction score
I have a new to me 05 fjr. I experienced bogging down on my ride home when giving it more fuel at 3700-4000 rpm. I cleaned out an enormous amount of rust and crud from the fuel tank and then cleaned the injectors. Now the bike will start and stall immediately. I’m getting fuel and the pressure regulator is holding a vacuum. If I pull the hose from the pressure regulator it will start and run fine, if I plug off the hose it stalls. Is it a faulty pressure sensor?

I have a new to me 05 fjr. I experienced bogging down on my ride home when giving it more fuel at 3700-4000 rpm. I cleaned out an enormous amount of rust and crud from the fuel tank and then cleaned the injectors. Now the bike will start and stall immediately. I’m getting fuel and the pressure regulator is holding a vacuum. If I pull the hose from the pressure regulator it will start and run fine, if I plug off the hose it stalls. Is it a faulty pressure sensor?
Telliott, I am having the same issue with my 05 fjr. Mine was sitting for 16 years - cleaned the fuel tank replaced injectors, air filter - usual tune up stuff, but same symtoms won't start unless I disconnect the vacuum line to the regulator. Did you solve the issue? and how? I hate to just throw parts at the thing.
Thanks in advance

Man, I have an 05. Hope you guys get’r figured out. Love these Gen 1’s.

Latest posts