'06 Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needing a service manual for my '06, I did a +service +manual search and found the link to Yamaha's Tech Manual store in the "'06 Bin-O-Facts" topic. Don't do it! RideNow has them for $47.70 versus Yammy's $60. Maybe that link exists somewhere on the forum, but I didn't find it and <sniff> paid the $60.
47.70 + 8.95 shipping = $56.65.

For $3.35, I'd rather support my local dealer.

Needing a service manual for my '06, I did a +service +manual search and found the link to Yamaha's Tech Manual store in the "'06 Bin-O-Facts" topic. Don't do it! RideNow has them for $47.70 versus Yammy's $60. Maybe that link exists somewhere on the forum, but I didn't find it and <sniff> paid the $60.

Or University Motors and give a supporter some business.......and get a discount.

+1 on University Motors. Give Gary a call next time for manuals and parts. Can't be beat for service and price. Just tell them your from the forum. PM. <>< B)

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW I have had to deal with a few manuals and every time I find that anything but a factory manual is lacking here and there. I personally always buy a factory manual granted I am not buying from a local dealer, but I am buying from a dealer that has done right by me even if he is in Texas.

Here where I am, you'll also pay $8 sales tax to support the local dealer. $3.35 + $8.00 = $11.35.

Besides, we already did support our local dealer when we bought the bike. None of us bought from that shop selling FJR's for $11,500 OTD, now did we?

I find the sudden change of heart over buying incidentals a bit hypocritical, and it seems to arise over, of all things, a manual so the owner can work on the bike without taking it to the shop.... to support the local dealer.

I just don't get....

ya pay good money for a great motorcycle.

ya don't trust the dealer tech to do the service -- so you're gonna do it yourself.

ya got billions tied up in tools and shop equipment.

ya spend $8 a quart on specialty synthetic oil.

THEN -- ya want to cheap the instructions (service manual that is)... seems like the $60, $70 or whatever would be great value for the dollar. <_<

I just don't get....
ya pay good money for a great motorcycle.

ya don't trust the dealer tech to do the service -- so you're gonna do it yourself.

ya got billions tied up in tools and shop equipment.

ya spend $8 a quart on specialty synthetic oil.

THEN -- ya want to cheap the instructions (service manual that is)... seems like the $60, $70 or whatever would be great value for the dollar. <_<

Ditto.