06 with TPS problem?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingoldrum

Reaction score
Hi. Just back from a 4.5K excursion with my 06 FJR, and about 1K miles into the trip developed a troubling fraction of a second power loss when running at speed. Seems to occur (at least was most noticable) when I was "nudging" the throttle to maintain speed. Most of the interstate traveling was at about 80mph, 4.2Krpm. The dropout was prevalent when the bike was warm, although not consistent. No error codes were flagged. Stopped at a dealer in Missoula that said without error codes, not much he could offer but "good luck".

Very similar sounding stuff in other posts, for example: TPS

, although generally related to more miles on the bike and not the 06. It is even stated the the TPS was redesigned for 06 to be more robust?

Throttle Body Sync done at 2K miles, no Barbarian mod or CO setting changes. About 3.5K mikes on the odo when the problem was first noticed.

Any 06s with the "stumble"? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Only when pushing the limits of my reserve ! :p Seriously, an '06 with 14k miles and no stumbling problems here, except when I'm trying to see how far I can go on the 'reserve' fuel. Once I'm down to about 1/4 gal and going uphills, the bike starts to cut out as if it's going to die, but I've always made it to a station, if just barely. On a ride back from the Dragon this summer, I put just over 6.5 gal in, and was sweating it; but nothing like you're describing here.

I think it's well covered here and don't think we should be starting yet up another thread on the subject. Try looking at the others and if you think this subject is truly new, send me a PM.

Hopefully, people will stay on subject about stumbling at speed

Last edited by a moderator: