07 FJR Stock LH rear Saddlebag Latch Broken

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMGFJR_07

Reaction score
Hello Im new FJR Forums member- current 07 Owner  Love the bike. Love the motor. 

I recent lifted up the LH Latch ( One with key lock) to open up the saddlebag and the latch arm that opens the bag had the molded arm that extends into the bag mechanism snap/break in two

I now cant even open the bag since the latch snapped internally- I do not see any info on how to disassemble the bag latch handle and remove the assembly/see if I can reorder a latch from Yamaha Parts Dept. Any input would be appreciated for next best step to get this disassembled and hope I can order new latch and replace. 

Thanks,

Dave Dallas

P.S. Im also thinking about upgrading to a 2013 FJR this Spring... As my budget will not fly for a new 2016 , 6 speed bike in 2020. 

Whats your input on the 2013 FJR? 

Thx D

I don't think this can be repaired.  I haven't heard of this part breaking before and don't remember seeing replacement parts for sale. 

Your best bet might be to buy a "rashed" bag from someone and use your lock and painted shell on this one.  Should be able to pick up a scuffed pannier cheap.  (This is cheaper than trying to find a bag for an '07 or getting one custom repaired and painted)

Ok thanks for good input .. I’ll search for a rashed shift side bag and swap outer shell .. (what a pain for a failing latch component.). 

luckily I have the tools to work through the fix.. 

have good one,

D