'08 News

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if the '06 exhaust guides will fit into the earlier model cylinder heads. The new oil seals can most likely be used with the earlier cylinder heads since they fit on the guides.

The exhaust valves were changed in metallurgy for the '04. Warchild documented a small 'pip' that was added to the face of the valve. I would imagine that valve is now universal for all model years.

One would assume that the '06 components would be used in any 'tick' repair today.

With the new model release tomorow this is just like Christmas Eve. :rolleyes: Here I sit wondering if I'll get that Red Rider "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Special" (08 FJR in hot new color, cruise control ect, ect,) :yahoo: Or just more socks and underware from olde Mammy Yammie? :angry2:

I vote for BNG.

I don't think any changes are coming other than a possible emissions related re mapping and a new color (Red).

I'm guessing I'll just appreciate the one I already have for another year.

But after that, the Y.E.S. runs out and it might be time for something slightly used, but new-to-me.
wink.gif

T minus 176 minutes

From the mamayamaha website, the new 2008 street bikes will have their intros today at 12 noon

Well, on the UK site its showing 3 colours of Silver Tech, Midnight Black and Graphite.

Silver Tech

2008-FJR1300AS-colour-silver_prv_tcm26-210265.jpg

Midnight Black

2008-FJR1300AS-colour-black_prv_tcm26-210243.jpg

The Graphite has no stripes at all.....

2008-FJR1300AS-colour-graphite_prv_tcm26-210240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...............they're gonna add a krome package for all the ship jumpers in the west.

I'd go for a solid black, or some kind of metallic black. But no multi-colors or stripes or crap like that. :assassin:

A model is Raven(Black), new-ABS system, new windscreen mount, new grips and a scratch resistent windshield. AE is Granite Gray.

Swing and a miss... :unsure:

The Cobalt Cooker survives the 2008 rookie challenger and will be in the MNFJR05 garage for another season!

Looks like black for the a and graphite for the ae, no real changes other than color. stan

"For 2008, the FJR1300A gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design and new grips."

I just love the Photoshopped image that shows the turn signals and refelectors in color, but shows the rest of the bike as a darkish hue of black.

EDIT: That's not Photoshopp. Yuck.

EDIT: Although they call $13,899 (Raven) Available from December 2007. Isn't that the black color with red highlights? Clicky here.

Yamaha US 2008 FJR Website

media_content_unit01755c54ff.jpg

I'd go for a solid black, or some kind of metallic black. But no multi-colors or stripes or crap like that. :assassin:
And looks like you get your wish..... the "Raven" for the regular model....

08fjr1300a_blk_1_lowresonly_334aebe4.jpg

And "graphite" paint for the AE model.....

08FJR1300AE_gray_1_fe74a795.jpg

Also, this is pretty interesting what they said they changed on the AE model:

new clutch and transmission design and refined electric-shift lever design for even more convenience.
A new ABS system?! The existing one is only 2 years old.... hmmmmm..... :unsure:

Solid black. Nice.

A bitch to keep clean though. :blink: