• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

09 FJR For Sale - Seattle area ***SOLD***

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad day today, took a hefty deposit on my beloved '09. New owner will be picking it up on Friday!
Going to a good home and yes, we have another FJR convert and Tech Day attendee!

09Shirley_zpsesaeerxk.jpg

--G
George, your great 09 will be seen on more Washington State Ferries in the next weeks then it has in the last few years with Squirley at the controls.

"Ain't that so SL? "See you in the San Juans!"

Keep going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, compared to my Duc, I'm a little concerned about squeezing in on the Ferry's, this bike is HUGE to me. I still have some of your poached waypoints on my GPS from E WA, so, looking forward to some of those rides when schools out :) I'm very excited about the windshiled, luggage and planning my very first overnight trip on a bike!

Thanks for your kind words everyone, the exhaust is fine, its a running joke because of the lovely sound my Duc makes and how some people find that obnoxious, and, George's bikes were all sparkly clean, so were his yard,& garage, in fact, I'm glad I had just washed my truck....

Jim, compared to my Duc, I'm a little concerned about squeezing in on the Ferry's, this bike is HUGE to me. I still have some of your poached waypoints on my GPS from E WA, so, looking forward to some of those rides when schools out
smile.png
I'm very excited about the windshiled, luggage and planning my very first overnight trip on a bike!
Thanks for your kind words everyone, the exhaust is fine, its a running joke because of the lovely sound my Duc makes and how some people find that obnoxious, and, George's bikes were all sparkly clean, so were his yard,& garage, in fact, I'm glad I had just washed my truck....
Welcome to the fold and we'll see you at the Fall Tech Meet
smile.png

Jim, compared to my Duc, I'm a little concerned about squeezing in on the Ferry's, this bike is HUGE to me. I still have some of your poached waypoints on my GPS from E WA, so, looking forward to some of those rides when schools out
smile.png
I'm very excited about the windshiled, luggage and planning my very first overnight trip on a bike!
It will take a little bit of getting used to. I'd suggest you remove the bags, fill the tank, check the tire pressure and head up to Stevens Pass. Make a u-turn and head back home. You'll love it! You'll be surprised at how quickly you pick-up on the special characteristics designed into this marvelous machine.

I know you love moto-bikes. You're in for many many miles of moto-bliss on this wonderful bike SL.

BTW, the reason I suggest you remove the bags is because we all tend to scuff the bags while getting on and of the bike. Except George of course. You wont find a scuff mark on the beautiful bike. We all know what a good deal you scored on that bike given the care and attention to detail G shows his bikes. It wont be long and you too will understand the how fortunate you are. Congratulation!

Just ask IrishPhil. Phil knows!

Keep going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to both on new to them rides. George upgrading again for pennies on the dollar.

smile.png
It will take a little bit of getting used to. I'd suggest you remove the bags, fill the tank, check the tire pressure and head up to Stevens Pass. Make a u-turn and head back home. You'll love it! You'll be surprised at how quickly you pick-up on the special characteristics designed into this marvelous machine.

I know you love moto-bikes. You're in for many many miles of moto-bliss on this wonderful bike SL.

BTW, the reason I suggest you remove the bags is because we all tend to scuff the bags while getting on and of the bike. Except George of course. You wont find a scuff mark on the beautiful bike. We all know what a good deal you scored on that bike given the care and attention to detail G shows his bikes. It wont be long and you too will understand the how fortunate you are. Congratulation!

Just ask IrishPhil. Phil knows!

Keep going!
Excellent advice Jim. Did I mention that George is swapping out the bigger windshield for me because I have that fetish thing going on??? It's the low speed stuff I'm concerned with, the Duc's so light & maneuverable......I've been remiss and realize I've only said it to him in email, where, BTW, he's already accessorizing my bike for me because he knows I'm clueless about when I need....HUGE-HUGE THANKS to IrishPhil, he's the one who sent me the link to Georges' bike and said it may be THE ONE because George had it :) Phil schooled me months ago after I told him I took some sport tour bikes for test rides, he sent a list of the "right" bikes to look at, it was a very comprehensive list so don't anyone get their panties in a bunch... He's been a fantastic source of advice, even though he's the dry clutch hater :)