10 Days Of Joy, 4 Days Of Rain From Hell, 6 Seconds Of Disaster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! What a lousy ending to your trip. Never can let your guard down. Glad the injuries weren't any worse! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

John

What a tough end to an adventure and so close to home - hope the healing comes quickly.

I am doing hardcore research on back protectors right now and would love to stay in touch as you do the research. I have been looking between the Dainese protectors and the Forcefield. Webbikeworld.com has a comparo listed and some insights on how to get the same protector under different names. I plan to get one for my wife as well but am wondering how it will work with the backrest.

Glad most of the trip was good, sorry for the rain, even more sorry about the jeep. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it all.

Glad to hear you two are healing, hopefully you will both recover fully.

Up here on the logging roads it's common for people to honk the horn in blind corners. Air horns work best for this, naturally. Especially with the brain dead coming the other way. You might consider adding that to your farkle list for the next bike. The small electro-pneumatic horns can be fit under the nose of the FJR.

Damn!!!!!

Was the Jeep cited or was it on the private road? When the other party is determined to drive like an ass and be a danger to anyone else on "their" road, you can't stay too far right or you'll be riding in the ditch or riding off the road.

I'm glad you two are...such a relative response...okay (read: not dead or in the hospital).

I assume the other driver is insured and they are paying?

At least my BC wooden bridge "oopsie" didn't break any parts!

Holy Crap !!

Dave, "stay right stay alive" saved you and Diane from some really crappy experiences in a skilled nursing facility. Glad you're both still here. Sucks that you're beat up like this.

Please give Diane my best, and tell her Jeannette says the same.

And you heal up. No laughing, coughing, or lap dancing until those bones heal, ok?

Hal

Really sorry to read this. Hope you heal fast and get treated fairly by the insurers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thrown over the bars about six feet, landing past his rear tire, almost flat on my back, breaking a rib and cracking a few more, lower and mid back hurts like hell. Diane is thrown almost as far, her first point of impact is her helmet at the jawbone / rear neck area. She’s been walking about with a whiplash type collar for a week now.
Damn. Broken rib, hurt ribs, lower back, jaw, neck pain. All because some jackass wasn't looking? And you had the Solteks blazing?

I'm glad you're relatively OK - take time to heal up and stay away from the Comedy Channel..

Sorry to hear your trip ended in a crash, I heard that most crashed happens within 5 miles of you home. Glad your ok for the most part, get better soon

Oh dear, so very sorry to hear about the qccident and hope your injuries heal quickly.

It was great to see you again at WCR.

Kasey

Sorry to hear about the accident...and so close to home. Sending well wishes to heal quickly and get back on two wheels.It was great seeing you and Diane at WCR!

--G

Glad you both came out of it ok... and thanks for the "keep right" reminder, we can all use a tune up now and again.

Hope you're back in the saddle soon.

Griff