10 Days Of Joy, 4 Days Of Rain From Hell, 6 Seconds Of Disaster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure glad to hear you two survived relatively unscathed. We are all constantly teaching each other whatever lessons life needs to dish out, but so many of the lessons sure seem hard learned. :huh:

Heal fast. Heal well.

p.s.: Oh, and it was good seeing you folks at WCR!

Tough way to top off what sounds like a tough ride home, but on the plus side, you DID make it MOST of the way! :) Gotta look on the bright side. Anyway, wishes for a fast and complete recovery to you both, and good luck with your settlement. Otherwise, post his name and address.

Wow...Dave and Diane... What a way to finish a trip...Heal up quickly. It sounds like staying right saved your life... A lesson to us all. It was nice to see you at WCR and I am sorry the trip ended so badly... California drivers... What can you say. I too was soaked to the core by the time I got home... Rich

I hated to see this. Glad you are doing as well as you are.

It was great seeing you guys in Parksville, wish we could have talked more.

Heal up!, get ready for a new ride.

WOW, you guys. As others have said, sure glad you're OK, considering what it could have been. Wishing you a speedy, full, recovery and that you're on the road again soon.

CRAP !!! And just 200 yards from home :eek:

Glad you're both doing OK though.

Just trying to bolster the "most accidents happen 1/2 mile from home" stats huh ? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you are ok,see,canada sucks.
If Canada sucks the Southern Cal traffic BLOWS.

I have friends in high places and you sir are banned from Canada :banned:

Fair weather riders make me sick :bad:

Just kidding....make sure to get your butt back up here of NAFO 2012 in Nelson BC (it's inland & therefore drier). Or if you want some real seafood come up for CFR 2011 in the Maritimes even though I don't think you west coast pussies can hang with a Maritimer in party mode. :blum:

glad you are ok,see,canada sucks.
If Canada sucks the Southern Cal traffic BLOWS.

I have friends in high places and you sir are banned from Canada :banned:

Fair weather riders make me sick :bad:

Just kidding....make sure to get your butt back up here of NAFO 2012 in Nelson BC (it's inland & therefore drier). Or if you want some real seafood come up for CFR 2011 in the Maritimes even though I don't think you west coast pussies can hang with a Maritimer in party mode. :blum:
Geez, Bill, you're being awful polite to the guy. Canajan, eh?

Glad you can type about it here, which is a very positive sign. Hope you and your SO heal very fast. Must have been the week for collisions.

Willie

Just wanted to say thanks for the out pouring of good wishes from everyone, even you smartasses ! :p Also, thanks for the PM's, cards and phone calls too, the Forum has some really good people ( but we knew that already :) )

Hey Dave and Diane, this is my first time on the forum since WCR, sorry to hear about your mishap. Terrie and I hope you both heal quickly and fully. looks like you might have to replace the FJR With a Super Tenere.

Dave and Diane, just read about the accident. Hope both of you two great folks heal well without a lot of pain. Sorry to not have seen you in a while. I am doing well enough.

TurboDave

Dave & Diane,

We are very sorry to hear about your mishaps with the ASS-HO SOB. I haven't checked out the WCR reports so this was news to us until you posted you were not riding to Avila Bch due to a sketchy report. But mostly, it has been about 5 weeks since the accident, what is the healing status so far? We are hoping for a full recovery soon. Please tell.

On the lesser side, is the feejer repairable or are you looking to trade up for a newer model?

Do you see a Yosemite ride happening this spring?

Last edited by a moderator: