100,000 Plus Avatar

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being an aficionado of the '05, myself, I'd be very interested in any mechanical problems you may have encountered over 100,000 miles. Mine just turned 40k, with nothing beyond routine maintenance. WBill
Me too.

Congratulations! :yahoo: Congratulations! :yahoo: Congratulations! :yahoo:

WOW - That is very cool.

What year and what month did you pick up the bike?

I picked up my '07 on Feb 16th, 2007 and I've got over 50k on my bike now.

That puts me at a clip of over 1,700 miles a month - so I hope to join you in due course.

Congrats, just the same.

Dave.

Just out of curiosity, were any broken parts replaced and how many valve shims were needed over that time?

Nice job on the seat time, my 03 Concours just clicked past 72K.

Just out of curiosity, were any broken parts replaced and how many valve shims were needed over that time?
No broken parts. Valves adjusted three times, not all but some. Did not keep records, except for last one. All valve jobs were done by mechanic and they usually don't write that info down. Sorry I can't provide more info.

Great! 100,000 on a bike is great. Not long ago, a automobile was considered fantastic if it went a hundred thousand miles! Congratulations. I'm pushing 400, 000 on my Toyota Corolla. Taking the lead out of gasoline really extended the life of the internal combustion engine.

CONGRATS!!!

:clapping:

Quite a milestone!

:yahoo:

One I know I was pleased to hit myself. My FJR is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I have put 100k on by myself.

Well done!

Holy Crap!!! 100k on a 05... Ive got 16k on my 04 and its the highest mileage bike ive owned... I better step it up bigtime!!! lol

Congrats!!!!! Thats some riding boy!!!!

My take on that announcement; Happy Rider, Happy Bike. The next couple of hundred grand should be even sweeter. Congrats, and keep us posted on those milestones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought my 05 less than 5 months ago- had 8000 miles on it....

I am not worthy. WOW!!! Congrats... I will note it when I need route advice

Once again congrats on something I have never done....

Last edited by a moderator:
100K_crop(1).jpg

[SIZE=12pt]I know this is nothing new, but 100K on one bike is impressive. I added a little 100K 05 CLUB to my signature. The dark 0 is a globe. Like this:[/SIZE]

100K%20CLUB.jpg

100K%2003CLUB.jpg
100K%2004CLUB.jpg
100K%2005CLUB.jpg
100K%2006CLUB.jpg
100K%2007CLUB.jpg

100K%2008CLUB.jpg
100K%2009CLUB.jpg
200K%2003CLUB.jpg
200K_04CLUB.jpg
I added the "200K - 04 CLUB" for SkooterG. Even if he doesn't use this in his signature, I wanted to congratulate him on achieving this monumental number of miles. Will we see 300,000?

Better be warming up the 200k 07 logo. I'm about to hit 100k on the 07 and have no plans to ease up on her now.

:)

I added the "200K - 04 CLUB" for SkooterG. Even if he doesn't use this in his signature, I wanted to congratulate him on achieving this monumental number of miles. Will we see 300,000?
Ken, thanks for the congrats. I am quite proud of this achievement, as you should be proud of yours. I have added your new '200k' medallion to my signature. Thanks again.

Latest posts