12th Annual 'Ride to the Rock' November 30, 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen:
I am putting on the schedule the 12th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the Rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 12/01). The ride will go on regardless of how cold it is or how many attend-we have had as many as 29 bikes and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Coffee and donuts will be served before the ride at 7:30.

George

Here are a couple of pictures from last years run...

100_4895a.jpg

100_0610.jpg

100_0613.jpg

100_4893.jpg

George,

You may want to plan a quick stop at the ForFathers statue which is in Plymouth. I will try to attend this year. If you do any pre-ride scouting let me know. This is right in my neck of the woods.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
We will try to make this years run, but it will be a last minute decision weather we will or won't.

We will try to make this years run, but it will be a last minute decision weather we will or won't.
I am working with the same plan. I have been trying to do this for the past couple of years but have not yet made it.

I am working with the same plan. I have been trying to do this for the past couple of years but have not yet made it.
Hey Greg,

Just talked with my brother and he said he wants to make this one. He is in Western Mass. You two could hook up for the ride to RI.

Hey Greg,

Just talked with my brother and he said he wants to make this one. He is in Western Mass. You two could hook up for the ride to RI.

It looks like it is going to be cold. The weather man predicts a high of 28F at my place. Too cold for me.

Hey Greg,

It looks like it is going to be cold. The weather man predicts a high of 28F at my place. Too cold for me.
At least we appear to be below the snow line for Wednesday. It will be brisk...maybe you can brave it next year.

George

We woke up to snow on the ground, black ice on the roads, my weather station says 25 mph winds @ 18º F. Snow is forecast for Tue & Wed. It's not looking promising. Pillion did walk by and mention, gasp, trailering down past the snow line.

If I don't get my bike all back together I won't be going anywhere. My parts are all over the garage. Friday is looking like a nice day but chilly. Dave

On the plus side, the 3 inches of rain predicted for Wed may wash off some of the road salt. Then Wed evening it is supposed to continue to rain with the temperature dropping to 30ºF, that could be fun and result in more salt. It would be 15º when if we leave on Friday morning with a balmy high of 29º at midday.

If I don't get my bike all back together I won't be going anywhere. My parts are all over the garage. Friday is looking like a nice day but chilly. Dave
On the plus side, the 3 inches of rain predicted for Wed may wash off some of the road salt. Then Wed evening it is supposed to continue to rain with the temperature dropping to 30ºF, that could be fun and result in more salt. It would be 15º when if we leave on Friday morning with a balmy high of 29º at midday.

Just in case you missed it the ride is SATURDAY, not Friday

That's what I get for 'listening' to Dave :lol: That makes the new numbers for my house 12º/32º/15º. Much better daytime highs, but the leaving and returning temps, not so much.