'13 windshield CalSci vs Cee Bailey Reverse Contour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJaRkie

Reaction score
I'm itching for a new shield and looks like these are the 2 options at this point . Opinions for those in the know?

Thanks

Both are good, I prefer the CeeBailey reverse contour but I am tall and like a lot of wind protection. This is certianly a YMMV situation.

Haven't ever used a CalSci so can't add anything worthwhile concerning it, but... for my money a CeeBailey is the way to go. Excellent quality, fit and scratch resistance make them tough to beat. YMMV!

--G

Thanks for replys... See the Cee Bailey offers a light grey tint and also a clear. I typically would get a clear but wondering what the benefits are of the tint. Who likes a tint over the clear and why?

Mine have always been clear so wondering....

I just put a light grey Cee Bailey on my gen1 and it's a thing of beauty. Very high quality screen, nicely polished edges, etc.The tint is very light and doesn't affect visibility but definitely adds to the "look" of my baby. The new Cal-Sci it replaced was kinda fugly by comparison. It was clear but the screen material has an opaque quality I don't care for along with unpolished edges. That being said, imho the Cal-Sci is a bit better regarding turbulence and back push. This is on a gen1 of course. I assume quality fit and finish to be the same for the gen3, effectiveness may vary.

Cee bailey site shows 2006-2012, then 2013 seperately. Would seem no, it won't fit... But you would have to confirm with them I'd guess

I notice a lot of windshield vibration on my '13--the stock windshield is a little flimsy IMHO. Is the Cee Bailey more substantial to possibly eliminate the vibration?

I notice a lot of windshield vibration on my '13--the stock windshield is a little flimsy IMHO. Is the Cee Bailey more substantial to possibly eliminate the vibration?
It's the bike windshield mounts not the windshield that's causing the movement. I have the Yamaha Touring windshield on my '13. It moves around more than the stock windshield..

Every bike I've put a larger windshield on ends up moving around more than the stock windshield. It's nothing to worry about, just annoying. The movement of your stock windshield is normal too.

It's the bike windshield mounts not the windshield that's causing the movement. I have the Yamaha Touring windshield on my '13. It moves around more than the stock windshield..

Every bike I've put a larger windshield on ends up moving around more than the stock windshield. It's nothing to worry about, just annoying. The movement of your stock windshield is normal too.
I don't know about the Cee Bailey, but the Casci I have on my '13 vibrates a lot less than the stock one did - and better wind protection as well.

I talked to the folks at Rifle. They are planning on making a windshield for the GEN3.

Currently, they are waiting for someone in their area to get a GEN3.

I had a Rifle on my GEN1 (6" higher than stock) and liked it !

I went with the Cee Bailey with light grey tint. It will arrive in the next week. Looking forward to trying it out.

I went with the Cee Bailey with light grey tint. It will arrive in the next week. Looking forward to trying it out.
Good choice. You'll be happy with the quality...hopefully the shield *works* for you.

...and post up a report once you have a few miles on it!

--G

I would like to get in on this topic as I'm considering options for a Gen 2 (2006) bike.

Stock screen sucks...end of story... and the CalSci+4 that the PO sold with the bike is OK but not great.

Considering the CeeBaily + size or the Rifle which now comes with a adjustment bracket package but $100 more.

Having come from an ST1100 I know that windshields are a personal thing and the perfect one is unobtainium.

However, any Gen 2 owners that have used the CB or Rifle, please let me know what you found.

Thanks.

I talked to the folks at Rifle. They are planning on making a windshield for the GEN3.Currently, they are waiting for someone in their area to get a GEN3.

I had a Rifle on my GEN1 (6" higher than stock) and liked it !
Ummm maybe i need to run up and see them.....Don can you fox that?

R

Are you saying Yamaha makes a touring shield for the 013?Jim