'13 windshield CalSci vs Cee Bailey Reverse Contour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice a lot of windshield vibration on my '13--the stock windshield is a little flimsy IMHO. Is the Cee Bailey more substantial to possibly eliminate the vibration?
It's the bike windshield mounts not the windshield that's causing the movement. I have the Yamaha Touring windshield on my '13. It moves around more than the stock windshield..
Every bike I've put a larger windshield on ends up moving around more than the stock windshield. It's nothing to worry about, just annoying. The movement of your stock windshield is normal too.
Are you saying Yamaha makes a touring shield for the 013?Jim
Yes. I have one on my bike and it's pretty good. I think it cost about $130. or so.

not unlike other riders over 6 feet tall, have noted the need for a taller screen. I'm a bit confused as to which Cee Bailey to purchase. Any thoughts? I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam.

I put a CB custom height (+2") on my gen 3 and love it - I'm 6 foot and 31" inseam. I have only ridden it 100 miles, but it was a very windy day and both in to the wind and against the wind it was fairly quiet and a nice calm bubble with it only raised ~half way up so I could still look over the shield rather than through it. When wind is from the side, still get a bit of turbulence. CB was very good to deal with and delivered in ~week........but it was in February.