13th Annual Ride to the Rock November 30th, 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
\CHANGED TO SUNDAY 11/30

Ladies and gentlemen:
I am putting on the schedule the 13th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the Rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 11/30). The ride will go on regardless of how cold it is or how many attend-we have had as many as 29 bikes and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Coffee and donuts will be served before the ride at 7:30.

George

Last years group

100_5444_zps3daf57c8.jpg

h

100_4895a.jpg

100_3641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see if I can make it. I dont visit this forum often, would you happen to have a FB event page set up for this ride? Id like to stay posted...

Added a new section to the center of the ride to avoid Taunton. Doing a pre-ride on Friday, anyone in the neighborhood?

Did the pre-ride today with Bill (scorpa) and the new route is great. I have one little section in Plymouth (construction) to route around. Works out to 140+ miles.

Long range forecast for Saturday 11/29 is for sunny with high of 44 and low of 28. Be sure to bring your shorts...
no.gif

It'll probably be a Friday decision but I'm leaning towards joining in. Always have enjoyed the ride.

Look forward to seeing you Mike. The temps will be keeping the crowds under control. New route out to the rock this year. Bill and I were going to do another test ride today but it's very wet here. My son Steve and I rode the first 30 miles late yesterday afternoon and all seems to be in order. Be sure to bring your long underwear and your wireless FJR charging system!

As of now, the route is completely out of the snow belt with today's storm. I will update later today but as of now it is still a 'go' for Saturday, with Sunday in reserve.
cold.gif

Well the snow missed us for the most part. I got a dusting at my house but nothing on the roads. I will be checking the first ten miles of the route tomorrow morning to be sure. The route thru eastern Mass got no snow at all. KSU 9am Saturday morning, dress warm. Coffee and donuts will be served at 7:30. PM me if your coming and you need address.

George

I mentioned this to my g/f yesterday over T-dinner. I figured with a few glasses of wine in her I could squeeze this one in (or by her). Her wording exactly "Are you crazy!?" I then replied "It will be the last ride I get in for the year honey!" she replied "NO!, you used that line already twice before, the last time I just let it go, but no, you're not going on any more stupid motorcycle trips!"

Dang! I gotta stop using my last trip mulligan so early I guess!

Hope everyone stays warm and has a great time George.... and, someday I'ma coming a knocking for doughnuts and a Ride to the RocK w yuz!

We got another dusting of snow overnight. I'm checking the roads with Dave (08fjr4me) who lives along the eastern part of the route. Please check back in a couple of hours-we may switch to Sunday. George

In the interest of safety, we are going to switch days for the first time in our 13 year history!. Ride will now take place on Sunday, 11/30/14 with kickstands up at 9:am. Predicted high temp for Sunday is 53 instead of tomorrows 34. This should help insure that there will be no ice in the corners. Look forward to seeing you all.

George