17th Annual Ride to the Rock- 11/24/2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It is currently very cold here-high 24- but is scheduled to warm to the high 40's on Saturday. I rode to Plymouth yesterday to check the roads and they are clean and dry. Look forward to seeing a few of you folks Saturday.

George

It seems I say this too often. I'm out. While it looks like you guys will have a nice day for the ride I'd be in for a crappy ride home afterwards. Hope everyone enjoys it and say hello to the monument for me.

It seems I say this too often. I'm out. While it looks like you guys will have a nice day for the ride I'd be in for a crappy ride home afterwards. Hope everyone enjoys it and say hello to the monument for me.
Forecast for Providence is for the rain Sat night to start around 10pm but it is coming from the south so it could be messy for you after you get off the ferry. Bummer

Waiting to hear how it went. It was fargin cold up here today as we went out to cut our annual Christmas tree . I think it topped out at about 18F while we were out. Those pilgrims were pretty tough.

All good Fred. KSU was around 30 but it warmed nicely to the high 40's by late afternoon. We encountered some thick ice on the road near the reservoir early (wish we got some shots). My son Steve got stuck in a rut and had to be pushed out. This was an all FJR ride with a 06, 2-13s, a 16, and an 18. After a couple of these ice dams early the rest of the day went along fine. The rain threat this evening kept Big Ogre from joining us from Long island. Distance award went to Scorpa (Bill) who came down from Southern NH 96 miles just to get to the start. New route this year 151 miles. Pictures to follow.

George

Crap!

The kids were down from NH and I forgot all about the ride. They stayed an extra day. It was freezing cold though.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: