18th annual Ride to the Rock-Saturday 11/23/2019 NEW DATE****

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beemer where are you coming from? Maybe we could meet up and find Costa's together.

I am 10mi south of Boston.

John

Moving the date up a week had the unintended conflict of the parade being held on Saturday. We may have to move the group shot to the Monument to our Forefathers. We'll have to play it by ear. when we get to the Plymouth area. Doesn't matter much because the Mayflower II will not be back from refurb until the 400 year anniv next year

George

Weather looking good for Saturday.  Captain Jack (Bbdig) and I will be slabbing it down to the meet-up at cota95’s for the ride over to Plymouth.  I’m guessing we won’t be able to park in our normal spots along the waterfront.  Might have to park a few streets away and walk a ways to pay our homage the the hunk of granite due to the parade.  

Now, just to get some new tires on that Feejer...

Got a room booked at the Hampton Inn, Pawtucket for Friday night with a 24 hour prior cancel.  As per the same ol' same ol' for me I'll be watching the weather and making a decision by 3:00 tomorrow.  Saturday looks real nice for the ride but no desire to ride home in a cold rain later that night.  Same goes for how it looks Friday night too.

As of Thursday morning, it appears that the rain will hold off until Sunday am. Friday night is still up in the air Mike.

Actually it's the ride home Saturday evening that has me watching the forecast.

Just called to cancel my ressie, figuring I'd roll the dice with availability should I decide to leave late tomorrow.  However the hotel kindly offered to hold it and waive the cancellation fee if I decide to bail at the last minute.  Very nice.  I'll make the call sometime tomorrow then even if it means checking in at 9 or 10 o'clock that night.

Looks like some light rain between 2-6 on Friday. Saturday sunny. Rain Sunday starting here around midnight but coming from your way.

Mother nature and wife have agreed to allow a kitchen pass for tomorrow.  I think they both took pitty on me, but I'll take it. 

Well Mama Nature might be looking favorably on you but she's scowling at me.  That biotch.  :angry2:  I'm going to pass but am not happy about it.  Looks like a beautiful afternoon for you all tomorrow too.  Maybe I'll get out locally.  Find a landfill or something, look for a chunk of broken up concrete and pretend it has the landing date etched on it.

Enjoy the ride guys.

Well Mama Nature might be looking favorably on you but she's scowling at me.  That biotch.  :angry2:  I'm going to pass but am not happy about it.  Looks like a beautiful afternoon for you all tomorrow too.  Maybe I'll get out locally.  Find a landfill or something, look for a chunk of broken up concrete and pretend it has the landing date etched on it.

Enjoy the ride guys.
There's always next year. You will be missed!

Thanks again for organizing the ride again, George.  It was great to get out on two wheels for the day.  Not too many days likely left this year.

Was well below freezing when I headed south at 6:30AM.  Met bbdig in Woburn at 7 and we had a brisk but uneventful ride down I-95 to Casa cota95.  Nice ride over to Plymouth with the group.  Not too much ice or traffic to be avoided.  It was too bad they had everything blocked off over on water street near the Rock.  A whole lot of people attend this parade I guess.  At least we got to the Monument and got the group photo up there.  

The ride back north was also uneventful, though there was considerably more traffic then going north.  Just missed getting tied up in a big crash site on 95 just after the intersection with I-93, but I was getting off there anyway so slid past it, and apparently Jack did too and detoured down Route 129 through Reading.

Good seeing the rest of you guys again too.  Hope to make it again, especially after the Mayflower comes back.  That makes for such a great photo.

Damn,  just seeing this.  Had to work anyway, but I might have gotten sick had I known beforehand.  Is this an annual event?

Latest posts