1981 Honda CBX SuperSport followed me home...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome!! Well I don't have anything THAT cool. We do have a 1975 CB360T for Amy that my mom used to ride 2 miles to the mail box and back and about a year ago a friend gave me a 1972 XL250. I need to get the 360t riding for Amy and then I'll work on the 250

If I get to pick a bookend, I want the one on the right cause I know more than I ever wanted to about the other one.
rolleyes.gif

Good GAWD, Don!! You need help. And this time, you can't even count on Ray to do the wrenching (no doubt the bike would be "stolen" from his shop and he won't know a thing about it).

Unbelievably fine specimen of a gorgeous motorcycle, though! Are you out of garage space yet?

Good GAWD, Don!! You need help. And this time, you can't even count on Ray to do the wrenching (no doubt the bike would be "stolen" from his shop and he won't know a thing about it).
Unbelievably fine specimen of a gorgeous motorcycle, though! Are you out of garage space yet?
He will be when I get everything out of here.
smile.png

He will be when I get everything out of here.
smile.png
Oh noooo, hadn't thought of that! Well, I can bring you a CBX and /2 with a weepy base gasket.. :rofl:

He will be when I get everything out of here. :)
Oh noooo, hadn't thought of that! Well, I can bring you a CBX and /2 with a weepy base gasket.. :rofl:
Actually thinking about it if I just bill for storage, I can make money without fixing anything.

The Honda bags and sport fairing make this a real collector. Not many of those left. Congratulations and sweet bike.
Thanks. I like the naked look too, but this one is growing on me.

Now to fix sticky rear caliper and little fire in cylinder one.. It has 120 psig compression and big fat blue spark but no combustion so come the carbs for service!

The Honda bags and sport fairing make this a real collector. Not many of those left. Congratulations and sweet bike.
Thanks. I like the naked look too, but this one is growing on me.

Now to fix sticky rear caliper and little fire in cylinder one.. It has 120 psig compression and big fat blue spark but no combustion so come the carbs for service!
If nobody local has a good ultrasonic, box them up and I'll clean them up. Can do the same with the caliper

That's really a pretty good fairing. I put over 90K miles behind the same fairing albeit on a V65 Sabre. That bike got me started down the sport touring way of doing things. Coming off a V65 Magna it took some adjustment but have never looked back.

That's really a pretty good fairing. I put over 90K miles behind the same fairing albeit on a V65 Sabre. That bike got me started down the sport touring way of doing things. Coming off a V65 Magna it took some adjustment but have never looked back.
To this day I still miss the many V65 Magnas that I had over the years. GREAT bikes!

She's a beauty. Don.

There was a really clean looking one at Seattle Used Bikes last year. Not sure how many miles but they were asking $10k. Don't know if it ever sold.

I had a shot at one of these about 20 years ago. It ran, but there were leaks at the brake calipers, torn-up seat, other issues of that nature, and I passed on it. It was a close call, though.

I have always loved straight-6 bikes, and I've envied you that Kwak (which let's be honest, was a lot of work to bring back!) but now I envy you even more with the CBX!

Inline six, funky bags, and a sweet fairing with a round headlight set in a square. Serious coolness, brother. And she's SO PRETTY!

Can I ride it? Can I? Come on, man! Just for 20 minutes!?! I promise not to go faster than 90 and I'll bring it back with a full tank of gas. Come on, man! Twenty minutes. I'll have her back before you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inline six, funky bags, and a sweet fairing with a round headlight set in a square. Serious coolness, brother. And she's SO PRETTY!
Can I ride it? Can I? Come on, man! Just for 20 minutes!?! I promise not to go faster than 90 and I'll bring it back with a full tank of gas. Come on, man! Twenty minutes. I'll have her back before you know it.
Well, I got to get it running. She has a bunked carb #1. To remove carbs, must drop engine forward in frame.
uhoh.gif

Well, I got to get it running. She has a bunked carb #1. To remove carbs, must drop engine forward in frame.
uhoh.gif
Remember the first question on the trouble shooting flow chart.

"DID YOU TOUCH IT"
rolleyes.gif