• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1993 Yamaha GTS 1000 w/ extras in FL $3,500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdrasher

Reaction score
I've got my GTS1000 up for sale on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322974785039?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

My wife says it has to go since she got me the 17 FJR for my birthday!

Fair enough since I really don't put many miles on it now that I have the FJR......
bike.gif

timk posed: I lusted after one of those for years.
I did, too, from the engineering perspective of that single-arm front suspension. Still an amazing piece of design and manufacturing.

GLWS!

Very nice bike. RARE. I've only ever seen 2. 1 in High Point NJ. and Williamsport PA.

Good luck with the sale.

The only one Ive seen was at Barber. Same color as yours. Intriguing motorcycle. Way ahead of its time.

Great bike! I have logged over 100k on two of them and now every time i see a nice one for sale i get the itch. I am going to hold off on this one because i want a new FJR soon myself and no room in the garage.

Best of luck.

Very cool bike. Remember one here new in the showroom sitting around they couldn't sell. I had no $ back then. Yamaha showing off some serious engineering on that. How does the front end feel when riding? Just curious... Also, does it feel lighter or heavier than the FJR when riding?

The last time I was at Skagit Power Sports in Wa. the owner still had one there. He sold it new and bought it back when it was available. Always wanted one.

Very cool bike. Remember one here new in the showroom sitting around they couldn't sell. I had no $ back then. Yamaha showing off some serious engineering on that. How does the front end feel when riding? Just curious... Also, does it feel lighter or heavier than the FJR when riding?
The front end "squats" when you get on the brakes instead of diving.

It steers a little heavier in slow turns, but it fast sweepers it tracks real nice.

Hi Again, Brian from Idaho, Sharon and I came by and looked at it, Your FJR killed the deal for us We went looking for one of those and we ended up with the 09AE and we love it. Sharon wanted that bike a lot! Did you get it sold? I never saw it again on CL. Best of luck. Sorry we never got back to you but I knew she would try and talk me into it and I wasn't sure it's what we needed. Great Bike! It was hard to pass up.

Hi Again, Brian from Idaho, Sharon and I came by and looked at it, Your FJR killed the deal for us We went looking for one of those and we ended up with the 09AE and we love it. Sharon wanted that bike a lot! Did you get it sold? I never saw it again on CL. Best of luck. Sorry we never got back to you but I knew she would try and talk me into it and I wasn't sure it's what we needed. Great Bike! It was hard to pass up.
Hey!

No I haven't sold it yet. I've had some interest, but no follow through or serious offers so far.