2 bikers down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, sparky....tell me about the mega blaster install and price.....am interested in scaring the crap out of other cagers.
Well, I don't want to hijack anyone's thread. Black Mamba is already thin on patience with me as is.

Hey Sparky..

I know you're a good guy and that your heart is in the same place mine is. We both care for our fellow bikers and want a safe environment for us all to ride in. But we still have to do what we can to create a highened awareness of cycles by the general motoring public. And, in my mind, putting the bastards, that are negligently killing us, in jail is a great way to start the process.

Hey Sparky..
I know you're a good guy and that your heart is in the same place mine is. We both care for our fellow bikers and want a safe environment for us all to ride in. But we still have to do what we can to create a highened awareness of cycles by the general motoring public. And, in my mind, putting the bastards, that are negligently killing us, in jail is a great way to start the process.
I agree 100% I just find that we have so many laws on the books now and criminals continuously slip through or Judges let them off for some reason or another.

In my area there is a radio station that goes on the street and starts asking questions like, " Do you know where the Larynx is?" It is amazing the amount of people who start answering a river in Africa and all these stupid answers.

People sometimes aren't as informed I'll say as they should be. Many people go through their everyday lives totally unconcerned about what you or I may be concerned about. As such they don't think about it and Motorcycles are one of those subjects.

Building awareness campaigns and driver education on every front is IMHO better than a wishful prosecution after the fact. That is why I talk about Motorcycles/Guns and Hunting to anyone who will listen. Many are opposed simply because they don't understand.

Keep up the fight on your end and I'll try and help on mine. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my mind, there's really no debate as to whether we should punish bad drivers, ride more defensively, or develop more stringent licensing requirements. The answer is D: ALL OF THE ABOVE.

One of the punishments for negligent driving could be community service in a public service campaign to increase awareness about the risks and punishments associated with inattentive driving, and its impact on the families of those who are killed/injured. The best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else.

:huh: And the paper will say, "but the rider wasn't wearing a helmet". Do dah, do dah....ride like ya stole it and nobody can see ya. :alien: PM. :skull:

Cagers don't choose to single out MC's to turn left in front of. They indiscriminatingly turn left in front of anything oncoming and when they do constantly claim they didn't see it. All the distractions previously mentioned as well as for the most part just being mostly clueless to the task of driving and the responsibility ensuing.-------Then suing everybody.

If you looked on the AMA site you will see where one was convicted of manslaughter which carried like a 5 year penalty and the Judge let them off with 100 days.

The laws are already in place. Judges and the system in many areas of our life aren't being upheld.

I follow a dirt bike forum, long story short a perfectly legal land owner was holding dirt bike races. $40,000 later with no illegal action on the landowners part the judge ruled to stop the racing. The sound of cars were louder than the bikes, unzoned area so legal, nothing should have pointed to this ruling but it happened.

The law is not always on our side, hard to believe I know...

I'll probably catch heat for saying this, but I'd support a license system like Germany's. You have to want to drive to take required training, tiered licenses and their associated costs in excess of $2000. What do we have in the US? Pay the tax and pass the stupid tests that, in reality, do not test your driving skills. In California, I've heard of DMV departments that allow people to repeatedly take written exams until they pass. That's something a monkey can pass.