2 tabs on 2005 saddlebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Reaction score
After 2 years of owning this bike I finally decided to mount the saddle bags...I did the locktite fix on the locks. While I was looking at the bags I noticed that there are two parallel tabs on the lower front of the bags....what are they for? When the bags are mounted on the bike these tabs don't touch anything (I am not talking about the 2 tabs that connect to the bike by the seat or the 2 rubber feet that sit on the muffler). I tried a few searches on the site but didn't hit on anything.

Nothing should be sitting on the muffler. The little rubber fet on the bottom of the lid ar for when you set it on a hard surface.

The 2 tabs you speak of fit over a rubber boot that's on a bracket com9ing back from the passenger footpeg subframe. If you reach behind the subframe, directly behind the "wings" that are the passenger muffler/heel guard, you should feel 2 threaded holes that are prallel to the ground. That's where the metal brackt bolts on that is the lower sidecase support.

It sounds to me as if the dealer who prepped the bike didn't attach these lower brackets. IIRC, they come with the sidecases.

Click link for Yamaha Parts Catalog. Follow the prompts and when you get to the parts catalog, click on saddlebags. View #5 shows the two tabs "I think" you are talkig about. If so, my description above is correct. I looked through the different headings and couldn't find the brackets I'm talking about.

I THINK they are:

5JW-W9753-0L-00 MOUNT (LEFT) NOT SHOWN

5JW-W9753-0R-00 MOUNT (RIGHT) NOT SHOWN

Last edited by a moderator:
dsc02435jc1.jpg

Those are the tabs I was talking about....I don't have those brackets though. Good luck with me getting them from the dealer at this late date for free. I guess I will have to pony up for them myself.

Vulcan, your avatar is a failure, a red X.

It is not logical.

(Oops, wrong "Vulcan.")

Are you intentionally blank, or is it in the same place as your brackets, missing in action?