20 years already?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be doing your math in Celsius. That song came out in 1985, when I was still riding the school bus. I remember it vividly, because this girl named Nicole Graham was a bitch to me, because I didn't know it was "Inexcess." She was and still is a cunt.

Anyway, using normal, American math, that's 32 years, but can round down to 30. Lol...Jeeze, that's a long time. Lol...

I believe she is referring too Michael Hutchence death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, and if he just bought in to these lyrics, he would not have taken his life

Great voice, that man.

:(

When I clicked the link and heard that song, it immediately made me thing about this song:

And that made me think about my first street bike. When I was 18 years old, I bought a used '79 Yamaha XS750 Special. On the way to pick it up from the seller, I heard that song on the radio and thought it was awesome. I remember it like it was yesterday, and until I clicked this thread, had forgotten the experience all together.

The mind is a funny thing....

One of my favorite bands of all time, and one of their best songs. INXS combined high-energy guitar, thumping bass lines, good lyrics, and quiet sections in their songs to contrast the rock and roll.

Here's another good one:

The video is VERY 1980s, but includes motorcycles, so .... do they represent our Devil Inside?

I saw them back when I was still living in the UK, and it was probably the best live band I've ever seen.. He killed himself not long after..

And that made me think about my first street bike. When I was 18 years old, I bought a used '79 Yamaha XS750 Special.

Pants, even though we've never met, I just knew you were awesome! My first bike, too, but I bought it new back in December of 1978. Many nice things about that bike. Beautiful black paint, with very fine gold metalflake that made it look almost dark bronze in bright sunlight. Mine had a very thin gold pinstripe (paint, not a sticker) from the factory, on each lower side of the tank. I was a terrible rider back then, but I learned a lot on that bike.

Oh, and back on subject........yup, INXS was pretty good way back then. I still have a couple of their albums on vinyl. (Or, as my nephew called vinyl albums years ago......"You know, one of those really big CDs".)