• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle For Sale 2004 FJR1300 for sale SAN DIEGO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewmansker

Reaction score
Never down. ~15k miles. Cerulean(?) silver. Ridden easy, but I let it sit too long. Put in a new battery, updated tag and then couldn't open the gas cap. Evidently the lockset sat too long and the key won't turn to open. I have not pushed it hard enough to break the key. Needs gas to start. All internals solid. Tires are a few years old, but only have ~400 miles or so on them. Corbin seat cracked, but I have the original in "newish" condition.

Pics show bike without panniers, but they are here. Givi rear rack, sliders, windshield.

Needs TLC. Taking offers. Title in hand. Need it gone. PM me.

Vista, CA.

Attachments

• 20220113_122822[1].jpg
    20220113_122822[1].jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20220113_125946_03[1].jpg
    20220113_125946_03[1].jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
Any "Stabil" when it sat ? Ethanol gas ? Unless indoors and "climate controlled" I'd be very wary of old tires. No warning when they let go....
If you can open tank I'd inspect closely for any sign of rust.....would probably remove and/or completely remove any old fuel.

If you cant open the cap Id say it is rusted shut due to ethanol. Seen it happen.

The one I am riding, I bought in SF and never checked the key in the gas cap. When I stopped to get gas, I had the same problem. Only problem was I had to ride it home, Vancouver, wa. I bought a can of WD and applied it around the key and every so often I would try it, work it, etc. Eventually I broke it loose and was able to ride home. If you can get the key out: work it in and out and try to turn it, Let it site and maybe overnight. You can always remove the assembly and work the bolt/strike and wd on the bottom side. That is what I did after getting home and haven't had any problem since here in Vancouver (13 years). AIR, I think I got the pliers out of the tool kit and used it to grip the key at the point it comes out of the slot to reduce torque on the stem as the key doesn't go in to far. I was able to put more force/torque on it and it finally released.

Last edited:
push the key in a bit further, compressing the rubber filler cap gasket, then turn. sometimes the key works fine but there is pressure on the cap gasket that makes it hard to turn. a recurring problem on my fjr.