• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR 1300 For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viper Pilot

Reaction score
2005 FJR 1300 For Sale---------$5000.

Beautiful, low mileage, well equipped and fastidiously maintained FJR available for sale. Original owner, always garraged and in immaculate condition. Non-ABS so no concerns about ABS maintenance problems! Current mileage is 55216 miles. Oil and filter changed every 1500-2000 miles using Shell Rotella T-6 Synthetic. Rear pumpkin gear oil changed every 3000 miles. Hydraulic fluids changed and flushed yearly. Valve lash checked every 23000 miles. New (unmounted) Michelin PR-4GT tires included. Two rear gear assemblies (different gear ratios) included. All LED lighting. Latest cam chain tensioner. Yamaha 2016 slipper clutch upgrade. Russel Day Long seats. Smuggler storage box. Givi E-55 trunk. Shorai lithium battery and charger.

Partial list of farkles include:

• Ohlins rear suspension with 3 different spring rates available.
  • Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 front suspension.
  • Adjustable drop links to set ride height plus adjustable kick stand.
  • Yamaha Touring windscreen with laminar lip (stock screen included) and tuning blocks.
  • Russel Day Long seats with heaters.
  • Corbin seats.
  • GIVI E-55 trunk with ARDMOR led lights.
  • New bag liners for Yamaha side bags.
  • Tank bag containing Sirus/XM radio, CB radio and charging ports for phones and SENA SM-20 system.
  • LED Hi-intensity lights including Clearwater Erica and Glenda lights.
  • Yamaha 2016 slipper clutch upgrade.
  • Power Commander FI computer.
  • Dale Walker stainless headers (Yamaha original headers with cats included).
  • StayTuned mufflers.
  • CCS-100 Cruise control.
  • Bar Risers.
  • Tom Tom Rider GPS's.
  • Heated grips.
  • SENA SM-20 com systems (4 units).
  • Speed Bleeders for all hydraulics.
  • Speed Healer for correction speeddometer errors when changing pumpkin gear ratio.
  • Fuel tank cover.
  • Carbon Fiber gen. cover.
  • Frame sliders.
  • Foot guards (rare item!!).
  • Hand guards.
  • TPMS systems.
  • Bike full covers (storage and light weight cover for trips).
  • Theft alarm system.
  • Radar/laser detector.
This is just a partial list of equipment that is included. Many, many spares and maintenance items also included. Plus shop manuals, maintenance articles and some special tools and motorcycle lift. Photos and receipts and maintenance logs available.

Contact Nick at: 262 505 4292 or email: [email protected]. Bike is located in Brookfield, Wi.

You are selling a very well set-up bike. Rally ready even. If someone has any clue what those upgrades are worth, they'll know that your asking price is not unreasonable (rereading your list, I'd say it's a bargain). And having previously owned an '05 that went over 220K miles, I can vouch for that model year.

GLWS Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments. Been a member of this forum since before I can remember and many, many of the upgrades to this bike are courteous of the great members of the forum over the years. It's been an awesome ride but age and balance issues suggest it's time to move on to other endeavors. The bike is definitely ready to go!

I don't want to bother you for a lot of info, since I am not in the market for another FJR. But, I have a RSV lower ratio Final Drive on my 07 FJR, and I love it, but I did not know there was another option. Thanks, Phil

The other option is to install a 3:30 gear ratio set of final gears from the Yamaha V=Strom I believe. There is quite a bit of posts on here about that about 5 years ago. Check it out..

Vstrom is a Suzuki chain drive. Maybe Vmax. Edit: Or the RSV (Venture) as mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your absolutely right, it was the Venture (I think, LOL). I have to go thru my logs again to confirm. Just found the scoup.The gear change came from John Furbur of BRM Sport Max located in Calasauqua, Pa. He took the the final drive gears from the RSV and installed them in a FJR case to give a 10/33 resulting in a 3:30 ratio vs. 9/33 (3.66 ratio) of the standard FJR. Essentially a 10% gear ratio change.

Hope this clarifies what I have. Look up the forum discussion from Mr. BR back in 2014.