2005 FJR 1300 in NE Texas!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2005 FJR with about 34k miles, custom seat, driving lights, extra tail lights for visibility and handlebar risers. Also added T-Rex sliders. All about safety!View attachment 437
Lookin good.
What's that attached to the upper part of your windshield? Laminar lip? How do you like it? How long has it been on, how does it perform at 80 and above?

Hey there EddieB, MoHawk here (Chris) and I am in NE Texas and ride a 2007...would like to know about that windshield attachement too

That little screen is an "MRA X-Creen Tour Windscreen Spoiler Blade"... I've got one on my '05 as well to compliment my V-stream windshield (I'm rather tall and didn't want an even bigger screen). Clamp-on or bolt-on versions are available and they're nicely adjustable to give you a little extra wind protection. You can get them just about anywhere too... Amazon, Revzilla, ebay.

That little screen is an "MRA X-Creen Tour Windscreen Spoiler Blade"... I've got one on my '05 as well to compliment my V-stream windshield (I'm rather tall and didn't want an even bigger screen). Clamp-on or bolt-on versions are available and they're nicely adjustable to give you a little extra wind protection. You can get them just about anywhere too... Amazon, Revzilla, ebay.
How tall is the blade on your bike?
This is just one of the links I found for this part. The descriptions are basically the same, but numbered A B C D. I"m guessing the differences are the heights.
https://www.mrashop.de/com/model-based-products/yamaha/fjr-1300/

Hey guys! For some reason I didn't see all the questions on here before regarding the windshield extension. I bought this cheap one on Amazon just to see if it made a difference instead of buying an entire new windscreen for bigger $$$. The truth is that it works just fine. I'm 6'2" with 32" inseam and have risers on my bars so I sit a little taller. This extension was just enough to kick the air blast right over my head. With the windscreen all the way up, I'm looking through the extension but it isn't bad and I can lower it a bit if I need to in low light conditions or to cool off. It's cheap enough to try it to see if you like it: https://www.amazon.com/Motoparty-Ad...a4469&pd_rd_wg=dDgSB&pd_rd_i=B07L59965N&psc=1

2005 FJR with about 34k miles, custom seat, driving lights, extra tail lights for visibility and handlebar risers. Also added T-Rex sliders. All about safety!View attachment 437
Nice looking bike. I have a 05 127,000 that has been gone through extensively from top to bottom so I plain on keeping it for years to come. I was noticing your additional lighting up front. I would be interested in knowing all about it if you have the time. Thanks

Nice looking bike. I have a 05 127,000 that has been gone through extensively from top to bottom so I plain on keeping it for years to come. I was noticing your additional lighting up front. I would be interested in knowing all about it if you have the time. Thanks
Great question! The additional lighting shown came with the bike and was just cheap LED lighting. At night I noticed it would give me a wider fan of light but not beyond my current high beams. Since I live in Texas and wanted to make sure that I don't hit a dear or hog on a country road at night, I switched to some specialized pod lights meant for off road use made by Cali Raised (now located in Fort Worth). They worked so well that it made my standard halogen bulbs seem like a flashlight so I upgraded my headlights to LED to match (yes, carefully considered hundreds of reviews before using these). I'm pretty satisfied now with my daytime visibility (just headlights) and nighttime with the pod lights. I attached a picture of the new lights on the same mirror mounts. In case you need the link, here are the lights I added in place of the LED aux lights you see in the picture: https://caliraisedled.com/products/3-5-round-amber-led-pod

Attachments

• IMG_E7653.JPG
    IMG_E7653.JPG
    592.2 KB · Views: 2