2006 AE Amazing bike!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased my 06 AE on saturday! Drove it 300kms from the dealer home and as of the end of today there is hust over 700km's. What a amazing bike! The torque the power...WOW! and the auto clutch was a bit strange but in a matter of minutes, it was second mature. If anyone has some suggestions as to what checks and tightening of items needs to be done, I would appreciate it! Thank you.

Harry.

Hello and welcome to the insanity... :) I don't know anything you should check on a used bike, but you should make sure all the milage services have been done. Other than that just ride it like you stole it! Stay safe and welcome aboard. You will find alot of info and great people here.

Welcome Harry! I'm a Saskatchewanian for a few more weeks but soon to be resident of the Okanagan. Hope you love the auto-clutch. Lots of great peeps and info here.

and the auto clutch was a bit strange but in a matter of minutes, it was second mature.
Even Indy cars use paddleshifters!

I picked up a leftover 06 AE on June 10th. I turned 2200 miles this morning. Its a very nice bike, and I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

Welcome to the Forum.

Congrats. Did you find a leftover 2006 new?
What did you ride prior?
Actually I did find a new 06 just out of the crate! My previous ride was a Harley sportster!
I know you're blown away by the torque and power then if you just got off of a Sportster? You must be in 7th Heaven with the FJR not having the vibration the Harley had? I owned a 99 Sportster myself and found the transition from clutch shifting to paddle shifting on the FJR to be second nature. When I got rid of my Sportster to buy the FJR AE I wasn't crazy about the whole thing. I had done a lot of work making the Sportster as comfortable as possible along with spending a small sum of money buying chrome parts for the bike. Put all of this together I was buying a bike I had never ridden, and getting rid of a bike I knew very well, so I was skeptical to say the least. But nothing prepaired me for how much difference there was between both bikes in the way the ride, handle, and haul the mail.

I got my 06 FJR AE in march of 07 after the dealer knocked a few grand off of the selling price, and I've been grinning ever since. Getting rid of the Sportster was the second best thing I did. Buying the FJR was indeed the first best thing. I liked my FJR so much I also had a 05 Yamaha Venture touring bike that I sold soon after getting the FJR. I found I didn't ride the Venture anymore, and the FJR did what the Venture did, but did it much better (and a hell of a lot faster!). In the end I can't complain, I got rid of two bikes and bought one that did the same thing as the two did. So I guess you could say buying the FJR actually saved me money? I still don't think my wife believes that story? But that's the only one I have, so that's the one I'm sticking with!

Congrats on the new bike. Be Safe.

Congradulations and I also have the 2006 FJR. If you read another thread I started you will see we riding up your way to Banff in 2 weeks. I know that is just south of you but if you would like to meet up for a ride that would be great! I have had this bike for a year and a half now and I love it more now than I did the day I bought it.