2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Dog

Reaction score
The new 06 is at their web site. It is an evolution not a totally new bike. LOOKS GREAT!

There is also a description of changes including new cooling system. Look at the shield around seat.

Ok, for those of us who aren't subscribed, please share more details.

New windshield adjustment angle, new instruments, adjustable seat,handle bars and middle cowling. Standard ABS. 12v power outlet.

If you don't see the picture, you must keep clicking on the link till the FJR picture appears.

Looks cool! B)

And looks like the Galaxy Blue color is here to stay. :eek:k:

(Also the mirrors appear to be painted in the body color)

No mention of the 6-gear automatic-transmission option that some bike-rag over here announced (too much wine on a press junket I suspect :nono: ).

I am a tad shocked at the weight increase...almost 20lbs :dribble: .

I'd rather have hard boiled eggs and still try to figure out the gear I'm in than put on a whopper 9kg of extra weight, IMHO.

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
Also says brakes are a unified system. I guess like Honda and BMW. luggage rack is gone looks like. I think Yami's web page will have something today also.

2006FJR.jpg

This confirms my earlier prediction that the original tupperware was only to be used only until 2005. ;)

Hmmm.. the bottom of the front forks look tweaked... as do the front brake calipers. Looks like fairing attach points on the side also have changed (there's a bolt on the current bikes near the middle of the fairing that I don't see. Rear view mirrors look different (wider maybe?) as do the integrated turn signals. Some other tupperware changes, but all-in-all I like what they'e done. Not enough to buy a new one... but seems like positive progress.

Any news about suspension changes?

Adjustable seat and bars?? Woohoo!

Looks like they completely opened the tupperware to let the heat out.

Looks like they changed the rack on the back. Handle is still there, but the rack looks more like a mounting plate. Maybe more effective than the orginal? Set up for top case from factory?

Wonder what color they'll stick in the US. Any bets that the Yammy site shows a different color FJR that the one on MC.com?

Hmmm... Is that an inverted fork I see? Better heat management and adjustable windshield angle would be good. '05 ergos work fine for me. Unified braking??? Glad I didn't wait. Bet it don't tick, though.

The seat looks nice but I'm not sure I like the silver wrapped around the tank. I woner if the seat is actually lower than the '05. I like the color, but that's subject to change for the US. Overall, I like the '05 better for looks. I don't see 'FJR' on it anywhere unless that's what those marks are just under the seat. It will be interesting to see what else they changed....

Wow. Now I'd take THAT in pink. I'd even take it in blue. Wow. Is there a drool smilie?

Latest posts