2006 FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A stock OEM seat would be better (possibly lower but more important, narrower at the front) than the custom you have although not as comfortable. A Corbin is a bit lower than stock. If you are vertically challenged, there are some options for lowering the bike a bit.

What's the spot on the driveway beside the kickstand?

A stock OEM seat would be better (possibly lower but more important, narrower at the front) than the custom you have although not as comfortable. A Corbin is a bit lower than stock. If you are vertically challenged, there are some options for lowering the bike a bit.

What's the spot on the driveway beside the kickstand?
Ugh, probably from me losing my balance and laying it down slowly. My driveway is at a slight incline and I wasn't quite ready for the stop. Last bike I owned was a Maxim 700 over 20 years ago, so I'm not used to the weight.

Try different dog bones to lower the height. I put on the adjustable type and brought the height down, not so much as to affect the geometry but just enough for me. The Corbin seat I installed helped a bit as well. Not like a cruiser but at least I feel a bit more comfortable at a stop light.

29" inseam. Corbin seat, 7/8s Kouba links, Slipped the front forks 1/2 inch. Much better for me. Of course YMMV. ;)
I did exactly the same thing. Corbin calls their lowest seat the "nose job". Corbin is a very firm seat, just what I was looking for. 25k miles later it still feels great. Of course YMMV. đź‘Ť When these bikes start tipping, get out of the way. Two times I dropped it (u-turn in slanted parking lot and a slow speed emergency stop). Others came running to help right the beast. THEN I bought engine guards!