2006 Starter Relay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stergios

Reaction score
Hi all:

I am attempting to hook up a Talon alarm system. It has a wiring harness for the 2006 FJR.

I have found the connector to the brake lights (easy part). I am trying to connect the starter relay kill feature but I cannot find the relay for that.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Ride safe.

Steve

I did this on my Scorpio alarm hookup on my 05. Works like a champ. Do a search for Scorpio and my username and you'll find it.

-BD

I did this on my Scorpio alarm hookup on my 05. Works like a champ. Do a search for Scorpio and my username and you'll find it.
-BD
Brundog,

Thanks for that. I did find your post before but being a little electrically challenged when it does come to motor vehicles, I was hoping someone might have posted a picture. From the description and some more help from the folks at Talon, it seems that this relay is close to the battery.

Is the 2005 the same as the 2006 when it comes to this relay?

Cheers,

Steve

Ohhhhh, you know what, I didn't use the starter relay. I didn't want to mess with that thing so I decided to go for something closer. it is called the "starting circuit cut-off relay" and is located (on my 05 anyway), under the seat, right next to my alarm. This made wiring easy and kept area locked in case some jackarse thinks he is going to get crafty.

Here is the nest I can provide: Clicky

-BD