2006 vs 2008 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun part of this deal is you can't go wrong! Any of those FJRs will be a great ride. You will love that 2010, however you do have to accept that blue is a faster color, and the 2006 blue has been repeated for good reason. It is just bee you tee full. However, all FJR colors are great because they are on a great bike.
Enjoy your good taste and excellent choice. Since we are having such a strange winter, you may be on it in just a handful of weeks! Hope to see you at Tripper Mikes tech day.
The color deal is kind of funny.... I seems I have a unnatural tendency toward gray/silver vehicles. My whips went a something like this. (none of this was deliberate)

1986 Nissan Hard body: Gray

1994 Dodge Caravan: Gray

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T Silver

2006.5 Chevy 2500: Silver

2006 Malibu Maxx: Blue

1982 Diesel Chevette: Hand rolled Rustolleium Copper.

2010 Wrangler: Gray

2011 F150: Gray

For motorcycles

1998 Honda Magna: Clam shell with gray

2005 Victory Kingpin: Blue and Gray

2009 Victory Vision: Blue and Gray

2008: Victory Hammer: Blue and Black

2010 KTM A990: White

2012 Super Tenere: Black

2010 FJR Grey

My wife's ride is currently a 2011 Dodge Caravan in Orange.... I actually love that color, the wife, not so much... May have to paint the FJR one day

I will say I really like the gray of the 2010 FJR. My least favorite color of motorcycle.... Black.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little late to this party, but I put about 26k miles on a bought new 07, foolishly sold and went through 8 different bikes/trikes in 7 years before buying a very low miles 08 AE. Since I went from A to AE I can't say much about throttle, although my 07 stayed stock and felt fine (I did have many low speed drops in mud gravel though). The AE seems more surefooted at low speed, could be me being 56 instead of 48, or might be the throttle.

Can't really go wrong on any FJR though, they are great machines. I still kick myself for all the money/time I wasted going from bike to bike just to come home to an FJR. $$s wise they are really a steal on the used market.

Latest posts