2006 - Wilbers Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]TWO DAYS REMAINING!!![/SIZE]

The WILBERS Group Buy ends at ~ 8AM PST on Monday, Jan 23!!!

GB stats to date: a combined 138 orders:

- 64 Fork Springs

- 74 Shock Absorbers: Model 640: 61 Model 641: 12 Model 643: 1

in and in.

I may have missed this answer somewhere, but I'm curious if we have an ETA as to when these parts will appear on the brown bus??

Thanx to WarChild for hookin' us this awesome GB. Lookin' fwd to the molestation of the 04 for better handling. I'm goin back together with the 640 w/option 625, fork springs, a Super Brace, and a new (my 1st) set of the Avons.

Currently, at 11K miles, this FJR handles like ass. Like a 1978 KZ 1000 with worn out twin shox in the rear and no fork oil whatsoever. Nasty. Lookin' for good results.

Thanx again WC (pm sent). ;)

[SIZE=14pt]TWO DAYS REMAINING!!![/SIZE]
The WILBERS Group Buy ends at ~ 8AM PST on Monday, Jan 23!!!

GB stats to date: a combined 138 orders:

- 64 Fork Springs

- 74 Shock Absorbers: Model 640: 61 Model 641: 12 Model 643: 1
Hey WC, I ordered the 640. Do you know if the 640 is upgradable to a 641 at a later date? Didn't think to ask Klaus when I had him on the phone. Wasn't going to get the front spring right yet, but decided to anyway. Can I add this to my order of the rear shock, or do I have to place a new order in? I know, I should be asking Klaus this, but there wasn't an answer yesterday afternoon around 4. Oh yeah, thanks for settin this up!

I definitely used up my OEM '04 shock at 33K miles. I'm not hard to please when it comes to handling, but even I could tell the life was gone out of it.

So I'm in with the 640 + 625 preload and front springs. It will be great to get a shock that has more performance and can be rebuilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
in and in.
I may have missed this answer somewhere, but I'm curious if we have an ETA as to when these parts will appear on the brown bus??

<snip>

Thanx again WC (pm sent). ;)
When I talked to Klaus he told me I should see mine about the middle of February. I can't wait. And a BIG THANKS to all those involved to pull this group buy off.

Tom

Damn it all,

I'm "in" too ... 641 w/ springs.

The stock suspension is just too lazy for this bike!

Hey WC, I ordered the 640. Do you know if the 640 is upgradable to a 641 at a later date?
You know, I seem to recall that is might be upgradable, but the fact of the matter is, I can't recall for certain.

Best to call Klaus up Monday morning and ask....

Into the group buy!

I might need an attorney for dealings with my SO.

FYI - I met Klaus personally at the Javits show in NYC. He's a nice guy and really knows his stuff!

[SIZE=14pt]The 2006 Wilbers Group Buy is NOW OVER![/SIZE]

Final Group Buy stats: a combined 169 orders.

- 77 Fork Springs

- 92 Shock Absorbers

Shocks Ordered: Model 640: 77 Model 641: 12 Model 643: 3

Thanks to all who participated... enjoy your new suspension!

Installation procedures for the Model 640 shock: FJRTech: Installing the WILBERS Shock Absorber

I believe you need to add one more to the total. I just slipped in under the wire, and got in on the group buy!

I'm getting the 640/625/629 in black and a pair of fork springs!!!!

Thanks Warchild and Klaus!!!!!

ZZZZZ :clap:

I believe you need to add one more to the total. I just slipped in under the wire, and got in on the group buy!I'm getting the 640/625/629 in black and a pair of fork springs!!!!

And, if his page totals are correct, you did, it shows 1 more of each there now. Time to change your screen name though, to LastFckr.......... :D

I believe you need to add one more to the total. I just slipped in under the wire, and got in on the group buy!I'm getting the 640/625/629  in black and a pair of fork springs!!!!

And, if his page totals are correct, you did, it shows 1 more of each there now. Time to change your screen name though, to LastFckr.......... :D
Lastfckr ain't bad!!!!!!!! and it's not so naughty. Plus,it is at the end, just like ZZZZZ :D

I just slipped in under the wire, and got in on the group buy!
You sure did! You must have had the signup form open just as I was shutting it down!

Good job... procrastinator!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can probably add one more set of fork springs to the list cause I called Klaus and had him add a set to my shock order this morning. It was around 11 or so I believe. So what was the final tally WC?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Wilbers is in the pipeline - THANKS WC. Also ordered a set for my old BMW since Klaus had a Beemer group buy in progress that also ended today. When does the Wilbers R1 group buy start?

Latest posts