2007 FJR AE 51,141 miles, located in Phoenix with an interesting back story

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurvivorGuy

Reaction score
A few months back I decided it was time to get back in the saddle and started shopping. The very 1st day I found this FJR priced at $4,000, it was exactly what I was looking for, unfortunately, the seller was a few hours away so I hesitated. After a couple of days of searching, I came to the conclusion this FJR was the one. Called up the seller, and it was sold, Seller had taken this 07 and a 05 FJR in on trade for his Harley, and some guy beat me there and acquired both bikes.

I was bummed. I really wanted the AE.

Less than a week later, the FJR popped up on cycle trader at a small dealership for $5000. Called the dealership and the Sales rep "Jessy James" said the price was firm. I explained to Jessy James I had seen the bike for $4000 on CL and he beat me to it. Long story short, I worked out a deal with Jessy for $4500 out the door, $350 sales tax. Cause Jesse bought both the 05 & 07 he stole the bike for $3500. Seeing as the $4000 price ship had sailed and I wanted the bike I paid up, and now I have it. The FJR came with some receipts which had the owner's name who had traded the 05 & 07 to the seller the dealer purchased the bike from, the Receipt has the owner's number on it so I called him up to ask questions. Kenny is a total gear head, we hit it off so we decided to meet up and go for a ride, these pic's are from our journey up to Wickenburg AZ today.

Not knowing these Bikes, I thought damn, Yamaha sure did put a sweet exhaust system on it. the more I looked the more I thought, those can not be stock, and sure enough, Delkivic full stainless exhaust. I do not think Jesse James knew it either or he would have surely made me pay full price.

STOKED!

Attachments

• 20220220_154215.jpg
    20220220_154215.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220220_154121.jpg
    20220220_154121.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12