2007 FJR of Norway

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the North American '07 A model bikes were Black Cherry color. Interesting to see the blue. How many kilometers do you have on it?

All the North American '07 A model bikes were Black Cherry color. Interesting to see the blue. How many kilometers do you have on it?
Hi RossKean. Yes, this is an European model. Approx 50.000 km on it

Attachments

• FJR1300_Model_History_2001_2018.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Norway! Beautiful country and much bigger than I expected. My wife and I toured Oslo, Bergen, Geiranger, Trollstigen, and Alesund by car in 2019 during the July heat wave. I would go back again to ride it!

We met some Germans who spend their vacations every year riding their bikes in Norway. To them it's the best. I can see why.

Practically brand new!
I had 295,000 km on my '07 when I sold it a few years ago. Still ran perfectly without any major repairs as long as I owned it.
That is impressive👌. And you have only done normal maintenance (valve check, oil, airfilter, sparkplugs, tires, wheel bearings...)? I sold my previous bike with approx 127,000 km - had no problem at all (y).
On the FJR, i'm now about to start check of the valves (and more) and installing the cruis control from MCCruise - looking forward to the season starts😊

Norway! Beautiful country and much bigger than I expected. My wife and I toured Oslo, Bergen, Geiranger, Trollstigen, and Alesund by car in 2019 during the July heat wave. I would go back again to ride it!

We met some Germans who spend their vacations every year riding their bikes in Norway. To them it's the best. I can see why.
Yes, it is. Geiranger and Trollstigen is great plases to see. Guess you also drove the Atlantic Road on the way to Alesund? Short, but very nice.

And you have only done normal maintenance (valve check, oil, airfilter, sparkplugs, tires, wheel bearings...
Yes, just regular maintenance. The only parts replaced other than filters, fluids, brake pads, tires, light bulbs, and spark plugs were one set of front wheel bearings, one battery, one cracked cooling system plastic overflow reservoir and a cam chain tensioner. The CCT didn't fail but I replaced it because there had been reports of problems with the original design.

I did have a couple of electrical grounding problems that I was able to fix myself. I did several valve checks and adjustments were required on two occasions. I replaced front fork seals and bushings twice and had the rear aftermarket Penske shock refurbished a few times.

That's pretty much everything.

Last edited:
Yes, it is. Geiranger and Trollstigen is great plases to see. Guess you also drove the Atlantic Road on the way to Alesund? Short, but very nice.
The Atlantic Road was definitely on our list of interesting things to see, but time was limited and we never made it north of Alesund. Hope there is a next time!

The Atlantic Road was definitely on our list of interesting things to see, but time was limited and we never made it north of Alesund. Hope there is a next time!
Yes, of course. My bad, i was thinking wrongly. Atlantic road is not on the way to Alesund. The Atlantic road is very short, but very nice with the special bridge :)

Yes, just regular maintenance. The only parts replaced other than filters, fluids, brake pads, tires, light bulbs, and spark plugs were one set of front wheel bearings, one battery, one cracked cooling system plastic overflow reservoir and a cam chain tensioner. The CCT didn't fail but I replaced it because there had been reports of problems with the original design.

I did have a couple of electrical grounding problems that I was able to fix myself. I did several valve checks and adjustments were required on two occasions. I replaced front fork seals and bushings twice and had the rear aftermarket Penske shock refurbished a few times.

That's pretty much everything.
I'm impressed, thanks for info! 👍