2007 Iron Butt Rally - Official Rules

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale,

Good post... That's a good read even if you're a CBA member! Specifically some of the appendix on the sample packing list -- makes a good check list basis for any trip.

Thanks!

[head slap]Funny....it makes my mind turn to goo trying to take it all in.[/head slap]

Under C. Photo bonuses I don't see any reference to the use of a digital camera. I heard that this years BUTT was going to allow and make provisions for riders to upload digital images for the use of photo bonii?

Maybe the terms "although not required" and "Should you decide to not use a Polaroid, you will be handicapped by having to find a quick-print studio capable of producing your print pictures in time to hand in when you arrive at each checkpoint." covers digital?

Under C. Photo bonuses I don't see any reference to the use of a digital camera. I heard that this years BUTT was going to allow and make provisions for riders to upload digital images for the use of photo bonii?
Maybe the terms "although not required" and "Should you decide to not use a Polaroid, you will be handicapped by having to find a quick-print studio capable of producing your print pictures in time to hand in when you arrive at each checkpoint." covers digital?
Actually digital cameras are forbidden (Page 4):

Under II-Rules --> C-Scoring --> 1-Points --> c-Bonuses --> 1b Not from a Digital Camera

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I had decided to switch back to Polaroid after the Utah 1088.

Why is it that on the IBR site they have absolutely no informationon the Start/finish, location, start times, etc.?

I had to search for a separate forum to find the info.

BTW Matt, I live about 3 miles from the start, so if you need a garage/tools for any last minute adjustments, my garage is your garage.

goo goo boy....that's your new name for the duration. Pack yer shit & let's go...pick ya up on Tue.
Tuesday! Ya don`t have to be there till Sat. I`m not leaving till Sat am. OH, wait, it`s only 200 miles for me. :rolleyes:

Make sure you have your electrics handy. The heat index for here was 112 today and getting warmer. St. Louis is hotter yet, and it ain`t no "dry heat".

See you guys there---you to Tobie! :clapping: