2007 Iron Butt Rally RESULTS!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to all of the finishers and special congrats to our fellow FJR pilots. It was an absolute blast following you on your journeys.

Congrats to all of the participants!

Way to go Ignacio! I thoroughly enjoyed the vicarious adventure via your posts on your website! What an excellent adventure. Look forward to hearing more in the coming days. :yahoo:

Congrats to all the finishers. What an amazing adventure! I had been following Paul and Matt and it was really a treat, might have inspired me to start doing some Iron Butt Rides next year. May all the finishers have safe trips home. Looking forward to Iggy's write up!!!

Congratulations to all the Iron Butt people, Staff for putting on a great event, Volunteers for there hard work and especially all the riders most of all the FJR Form members.

:trinibob: :trinibob: :trinibob: :trinibob: :trinibob: :trinibob: :trinibob: X 3

21 Gun Salute

Congrats to all the participants, and especially to our FJR brothers... with FJRs representing only 15% of the bikes at the starting line, having 40% of the top 10, 30% of the top 20, and 33% of the top 21 is amazing! You guys all performed amazingly, and deserve all the accolades you receive as a result! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all the participants, and especially to our FJR brothers... with FJRs representing only 15% of the bikes at the starting line, having 40% of the top 10, 30% of the top 20, and 33% of the top 21 is amazing! You guys all performed amazingly, and deserve all the accolades you receive as a result! :yahoo:
Leave it to the engIneer to calculate the percentages! :rolleyes: it does put it into perspective though.. thanks Groo!

Congratulations to all the riders. Especially the finishers. And I'm very proud of the fine showing of the FJR folks. The numbers Groo put together are amazing.

As they say, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics... but still...

BMWs at the starting line - roughly 43% of total bikes

BMWs in the top 10 = 4, i.e. 40%, roughly proportional to their starting percentage

BMWs in the top 20 = 7 i.e. 35%, roughly proportional to their starting percentage (or a bit lower)....

FJRs at the starting line - rougly 15% of total bikes

FJRs in the top 10 = 4, i.e. 40%, nearly 3 times their total percentage

FJRs in the top 20 = 6, i.e. 30%, 2 times their total percentage, and nearly that of the BMWs which started out with 3 times as many bikes!

OBVIOUSLY, the rider has a lot to do with it.... nobody questions that, heck, Jim Owens could probably finish top 20 on a moped.... assuming the transmission held up. But even taking that into consideration, the FJR platform and it's riders performed WELL above the norm.

My hats off to ALL riders. This is an amazing feat they have accomplished.

To some of my friends in the rally, I say fucking damn good! Matt, you did a great ride!! Greg, holy fucking hell dude!

I called Skoot to congratulate him in person. His comment, "I can't believe it. This exceeded my highest expectations!"

Just got home from the IBR Banquet. WOW, what can I say. It was a great experience to follow the whole event and being a small part of it. I got to meet and make some new friends (Greg, Lisa and Tobby, Matt, Paul, Doug, and Warchild). All I can say is thanks for the memories, you guys/and Lisa done good!!

Smitty :yahoo:

..and what about that dude in 3rd? on a freakin SPORTSER? I'm going to have to research him, that ain't right. :blink: Put him on a FJR and see your next winner.. :rolleyes:

..and what about that dude in 3rd? on a freakin SPORTSER? I'm going to have to research him, that ain't right. :blink: Put him on a FJR and see your next winner.. :rolleyes:
I think someone told him this was the Iron Beer Rally and poker run... and he kept going thinking one of the bonuses was a bar.... By the time he figured it out, it was too late... all the bars were closed, all his conchos had blown off, and it was too late to get his entry fee back... :rolleyes:

Skoot, you're a fuckin' ANIMAL! Congrats! Matt, amazing, bro! Lisa, Toby, Dick and Tom; you guys rock! Two :good: to you all!

Brett Donahue is a good rider. The ride into and out of Mono Hot Springs will be one of the highlights I write-up after I get some valuable REM sleep. I was riding assertively on what is sort of like what a golf cart path would be like in Hell...at an assertive pace....and that Sportster passed me. We got there with a little light to spare and had a hamburger together.Then we rode back out in the dark and I only stayed in front because I have the FF200's and was flogging the FJR in the straight spots.His family is a Harley dealer and the dude is one of those like Owen that could ride a two-stroke seventies Suzuki and still do well.

Brett Donahue is a good rider. The ride into and out of Mono Hot Springs will be one of the highlights I write-up after I get some valuable REM sleep. I was riding assertively on what is sort of like what a golf cart path would be like in Hell...at an assertive pace....and that Sportster passed me. We got there with a little light to spare and had a hamburger together.Then we rode back out in the dark and I only stayed in front because I have the FF200's and was flogging the FJR in the straight spots.His family is a Harley dealer and the dude is one of those like Owen that could ride a two-stroke seventies Suzuki and still do well.
Matt, those are the stories I can't WAIT to hear. That's the stuff that feeds the soul. Congrats again Matt... man, what a ride.. for both of you.. If you write the book, I'll buy it! :rolleyes: