2007 Mirror Extensions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadlizard

Reaction score
Forum search only suggested replacing with FZ1 mirrors. Has anyone designed cosmetically pleasing extension to set the stock mirrors out enough to get a good view of where you've been?

Has anyone designed cosmetically pleasing extension......
It looks like you have your work cut-out for you, doesn't it? I'm happy with the FZ-1 mirrors I've had on both my FJRs. Of course, that's the way mine looked from the factory so the asthetics weren't changed much. I believe I'd still choose function over form.

Keep us in the loop of your development process as you design your first farkle. :yahoo:

Actually, the main problem is the attachment. It is nearly impossible to create a spacer because of the mounting lugs. The first problem will be finding a way to extend the bolts, then create a spacer. I would imagine it would have to be a bit wider at the base (nearest the cowl), but the metal framework is limited and that means the extended mirror could cause quite a load on that base point, especially that larger, square shape of the NewGen mirrors.

Nevertheless, mountains were made to be climbed. If nobody else has stepped forward, I'll volunteer you to be the one. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: