2007 No Start Problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is your daily commute so short the battery does not get fully re-charged, and over a few days you just keep losing a little bit more each day until..... one day it won't go..... ?

Catastrophic battery failure... that's my vote. I've had a couple batteries that just plain up and died like that.10.4 volts across terminals without any load? Probably drops to 0 volts when you turn on ignition and put a load on it.
My thought as well. Bought a new, inexpensive generic brand AGM battery a few years ago for another bike online that was junk from day one.

You probably arced a battery post.

That BatteriesPlus battery probably had much smaller(5mm) and shorter terminal screws than the stock Yuasa that came with the bike (6mm). I just bought a BatteriesPlus replacement two weeks ago and wound up taking it back for a refund. If you have any extra wires/terminals attached to the battery, the BP terminal screws won't reach and don't pull down properly on the OEM ring terminals.

My advice... shop for another battery. I bought one off Amazon for roughly $95 delivered. In the meantime my old Wesco battery got re-installed.

I recently installed a new Parts Unlimited battery on my '04. So far, so good. $53.99 + tax from a local discount vendor.

The bolts with the battery appeared identical to the ones on my old Westco.

It was a factory charged unit and appeared to be almost fully charged as measured with my voltmeter. I topped it off overnight with my charger/maintainer before installation.

It was made in Vietnam as was my old Westco.