2007 SW-FOG 5/31-6/3 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on Abq accomodations & dinner Thurs eve

We'll start with a dinner Thursday evening in Albuquerque at Applebee's at 10600 Lomas Blvd NE. This is just north off the I-40 Eubank exit. There are a number of hotels and motels within walking distance of Applebees. Here's two:

* Holiday Inn Express, 10330 Hotel Ave tel. 505.275.8900

* The Days Inn, 10321 Hotel Ave. tel. 505.275.3297

This way you can have a beer or two with dinner and not have to get back on your bike to get back to your hotel room.

Take jackets, it'll be damn cold at night up there in May.
[SIZE=14pt]Eaglenest NM near Angelfire in mid-April '05[/SIZE]

eaglenest.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

OK, we've got our SW-FOG web site updated with the routes and all the other details. If you're coming, please let me know by registering on our site and don't forget to send me your $10 registration fee. I've only received one so $10 check so far.

Hi all,

Right now I've only got 5 attendees who've sent in their registration fees. I've got the list at home and will edit this later with the first names and last name initials of all I've received registration from.

In 05 we had 35+ riders. What's happened?

got the rooms reserved. hope to see you all there. had plans to make this trip 2 years ago and had to cancel for health reasons.

hope to make it this time

Hi all,Right now I've only got 5 attendees who've sent in their registration fees. I've got the list at home and will edit this later with the first names and last name initials of all I've received registration from.

Reid---I sent you my $10 check on or about 27 Jan 07. I hope you got it. I just noticed that it has not cleared.

John

PS: RONFJR06 and I will be joining the group in Taos Friday 1 June.

I think I'm gonna go--I just gotta figure out what wifey and the kiddos are doing that weekend. You've got the rooms at Kachina Lodge held 'til 5 May, Yes?

So I've pretty much got until 5 May to decide....

Hi all,Right now I've only got 5 attendees who've sent in their registration fees. I've got the list at home and will edit this later with the first names and last name initials of all I've received registration from.

I'm fairly new to this FJR stuff and would like to meet and learn from as many of you Feejer pilots as possible. Come on and attend. Sneak out, run away, what ever just register and come to the SW-FOG.

What are the latest numbers?

I'm fairly new to this FJR stuff and would like to meet and learn from as many of you Feejer pilots as possible. Come on and attend. Sneak out, run away, what ever just register and come to the SW-FOG.

What are the latest numbers?
Hi all,

John, I deposited the early registration checks on 4/4.

Counting Sythian and Badcat we now have 9 hale and hardy riders. Make that 10 if RonFJR06 comes and 11 if n7myr (don't know his/her real name) comes.

The special rates on the rooms at the Kachina is being held until 5/15. Just remember to tell them you're with the SW-FOG rally when you register for the discounted room rate. And bring your swim suits. They've got a nice pool (water volleyball anyone) on the patio.

Well... I'm not going. I have National Guard Drill that weekend. I'll stop by and say 'Hi' at Applebee's....

Looks like I won't make it this year after all.

If you don't go, this is some of what you'll miss:

(from the 2005 ride)

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Nice pics Zip. Mind if I link to them on the official SW-FOG web site?
No sweat. Here's a few more... wish I'd taken more photos, but the riding was just too good.

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

That's all folks.

B)

Zzzzip,

Too bad you're not coming. You could've been our official photographer :clapping:

To all who are coming and still considering it, here's our list of donated items for the charity raffle Thursday eve!

This is our list of generous sponsors for 2007: If you order stuff from them, please thank 'em for their support.

Current value of donations to date: $1100. Tickets will be $1 ea. or 6 for $5. Cash or check (made out to the recipient of the raffle, Moderation Management) accepted.

Bobby J's Yamaha of Albuquerque has donated a $25 gift certificate good for any item at their dealership. If you'll be needing tires or maintenance when you get her, give Stan a call ahead of time and he can take care of you. He's a great local dealer.

Gary Crowley (Garauld on the fjrforum) has donated a back rest.

Premier Cycling Accessories (Alex on the fjrforum) has donated a $50 gift certificate.

Eric (Knifemaker on the fjrforum) has donated a a set of his passenger floorboards.

John Brown of Mixit Products is donating some hats, insulated coffee mugs, and t-shirts.

FJRandy has donated a relay wiring harness for Magnum blaster horns.

Ian (Skyway on the fjrforum) has donated one of his hydration kits with a black bag, clear anodized base and straight bite valve kit and he'll supply the 1/2 gallon jug and prep everything, so whoever wins it can ride home hydrated. Also 2 50% off coupons for any farkles that he offers (excluding his upcoming fuel cell kit which will be a build to order only item).

Newenough has donated a $30 gift certificate

Scott Cathey (Cateye77 on the fjrforum) has donated a shelf that attaches above the instruments, a V1 Radar enclosure, and possible some light brackets if he gets them done. He's also going to try to attend so you can thank him for his sponsorship in person.

Smitty (Smitty141 on the fjrforum.com) has donated several tank insulation blankets for 03-05 FJRs and a certificate for free installation of an Audiovox cruise control system. You buy the hardware and he'll donate the labor to install it (at his place) (a $200 value). Smitty has developed a reputation on the fjrforum for high quality farkle installations, especially the Audiovox cc.

Sport Bike Effects (Jeff) has donated 3 sets of 90 degree valve stems.

TechSpec USA has donated 2 sets of tank grips, 2 50% off coupons for tank grips, and a couple t-shirts.

Gary, the FJR parts guy at University Motors in Fargo, ND has donated a Bell helmet.

Incredible pictures. Now I am really really looking forward to this. What's today, May 1st...damn......I think the clock is slow........

The vendor list of goodies is great. Nice work and thanks to the donors.

Burk

Darned if I didn't buy one of Gary's racks just for THIS trip. Doggoneit!! Good product, hope it goes to a good home.

B)

Darned if I didn't buy one of Gary's racks just for THIS trip. Doggoneit!! Good product, hope it goes to a good home. B)
Zzzzip, I thought you said you weren't going to be able to make it.
The way it looks at the moment, I won't... so it is a good thing I bought the rack back when.

I also had to cancel a meet in May in North Carolina with the ST.net guys this week. My touring plans are being hammered this year, and the season just got started. :angry:

Maybe I should trade the FJR in for a Vespa. I feel like a poser. :mellow:

B)