2008 CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huron52

Reaction score
At the first CFR rally it was brought up as to where we should hold the next rally.....

Ontario , British Columbia and Nova Scotia where mentioned.

Do we have anyone interested to step up to the plate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it too early to think about where?
Probably. I think a good number of this years CFR attendees are on there way to EOM This weekend. Will obviously need to give this thread a few weeks to a month to ferment before any final answers could come out.

At the first CFR rally it was brought up as to where we should hold the next rally..... Ontario , British Columbia and Nova Scotia where mentioned.

Do we have anyone interested to step up to the plate?
This will ramble a bit. Some items will seem self-evident but are worth mentioning. But it will allow me to drop alot of my thoughts on this in one place. Dont read too much into this. At this point it is just a brain-dump for me.

• I had several people come up to me and explicitly state that they would love to come back to the Huntsville area again. I am sure many people only scratched the surface of what roads and trips were available.
  • There have been suggestions made about having an East Coast rally.
  • There have been suggestions made about having an West Coast rally.
  • I would be willing to consider hosting another rally in the Hunstville area next year. I learned alot this year and I have some good ideas for next year if its held in Huntsville area again.
  • If its West or East coast we need someone to be willing to step up and act as Rallymaster
  • Do we want to limit it to one CFR per year. Or is there enough interest to run multiple CFR's (East,Central,West). Because of geography it may be possible to hold multiple events. But we may also be poaching potential attendee's from each others events.
  • I set up the logo the way I did so you the bottom line can be changed each year for the different venues. There's nothing saying any event has to reuse the logo, but it would add some continuity and "brand recognition" reusing the logo.
  • If there is another Huntsville rally next year I like the idea of having it the same weekend (1st weekend after labour day) I noticed a distinct lack of traffic and people on the roads during the weekend. It's like we had the place to ourselves. As opposed to Mid-August when I passed through and it was a freakin' zoo!
  • Holding a Huntsville rally on the 1st weekend after labour day also allows people to run up to the Vintage races at north bay that are on the same weekend.
  • The date of EOM has floated a bit (if my memory serves me). But if we could convince the EOM folks to try to stick to 2nd weekend after labour day this makes a nice 1-2 punch for people wanting to attend both. I know of several people who attended CFR and are either on their way or will be heading to EOM. I'm taking off tomorrow morning myself for EOM. If its possible this makes for a nice bit of linking between the events.
Alot of these points have to do with a Huntsville rally, but dont take this into a bias against either an east or west rally. If someone wants to step up and run either of these they have my full support. Like i said, I was just dumping all my thoughts.

- Colin

Ha Ha I think the young man from Nova Scotia should host it. Canadian FJR. Eh eh eh c'mon!

I had a blast in Huntsville, and would definitely consider going again. And BC is beautiful. However, the east coast is at the top of my list of places I need to go before I die. So, my vote would go to 2008 in Nova Scotia, 2009 in BC, and 2010 in Huntsville.

Chris

I had a blast in Huntsville, and would definitely consider going again. And BC is beautiful. However, the east coast is at the top of my list of places I need to go before I die. So, my vote would go to 2008 in Nova Scotia, 2009 in BC, and 2010 in Huntsville.
Chris
The travellin man is back!

...BTW I like yer thinkin on CFR locations

If the herring chokers can suck up arranging CFR 2008 in Halifax/Cape Breton or thereabouts, I will take on organizing CFR 2009 for the Okanagan Valley in BC (where I will be living by then). Any takers?

If the herring chokers can suck up arranging CFR 2008 in Halifax/Cape Breton or thereabouts, I will take on organizing CFR 2009 for the Okanagan Valley in BC (where I will be living by then). Any takers?
Is a herring choker a fish neckless? and how are they gonna arrange a NS meet? I thought gypsy and Canadian FJR would arrange that? What gives? :)

Is a herring choker a fish neckless? and how are they gonna arrange a NS meet? I thought gypsy and Canadian FJR would arrange that? What gives? :)

Quick! Do we have a translator in the crowd?

Quick! Do we have a translator in the crowd?
Maritimers say this is a myth. They sell the fish and never eat it themselves.

Chicken is what they all eat; aka Digby Chips! :lol:

Okay all you unedumacated upper Canadians. Every Maritimer knows that a Herring Choker is slang for a person from New Brunswick. We would be the Blue Nosers.............not Newfies. Now that we have that straight. I had a blast in Huntsville and would be very happy to do a redo in 2008 but that new "50" over could take all the fun out of things. The way I calculated there were times that I would have to donate two bikes to the Ontario government, pass over $10,000.00 and spend two weeks in jail. As far as moving things east, I may be interested. I have already spoken with Yamaha Canada and they seem to be very interested. The next step is to receive confirmation on Yamaha's support and firm up a weekend. I need a few weeks to decide if I can do this properly. I need to chat with Gypsy again and round up a few more helpers. As far as location, my thoughts are to base things around New Glasgow or Cape Breton. New Glasgow is very central but Cape Breton has the best roads. I want to make this clear, I have not committed to this. I am simply thinking out loud and need to discuss this with other members on the forum.

Canadian FJR

Sounds to me like CanadianFJR is in the batters box and might be steppin up to the plate.

All in favour!.....

The ayes have it

Motion carried!!!

Thanks Scott I know you won't let us down!....

What are the accommodations like in Baddeck. I was really impressed with the area, the Bras d'Or Lakes are very scenic. The Alexandra Graham Bell Museum was well worth visiting, and close to the Cabet Trail. And it's only 6000 km ride to get there.......