2008 CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the herring chokers can suck up arranging CFR 2008 in Halifax/Cape Breton or thereabouts, I will take on organizing CFR 2009 for the Okanagan Valley in BC (where I will be living by then). Any takers?
Dave,

Regina to the Okanagan ... that's SOME change! How did you swing it? That, and the Kootenay's, my two favorite places. If you're organizing CFR08 there, I'll be there for sure.

Chris

Not 08 Chris, we're trying to encourage our Atlantic brethren and sistren to organize that.

Syl and I own a retirement property between Kelowna and Vernon, and we will be living there (semi-retired) by this time next year, God willin and the crick don't rise...

I hope that RocketDoc and Kasey and Pete in North Vancouver will co-venture the planning with me for 2009, but haven't spoken to any of them yet.

Wonderful area but too many tourists before mid-September for us to find hotel/motel space for the rally, and suitably empty twisties - in case anybody likes those kinds of things!

Yes, I would second that emotion. The Kootenays. Nelson, Kaslo, Creston, Salmo, New Denver...oh, I have to stop.

Did I mention Nakusp to Farqhuar to the Needles Ferry, then back to the Okanogan for a wrap up barbeque at Dave and Sylvia's. Sounds good to me. Ready and willing to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just catching this,...and totally new to the rally concept but if i can help,..being in the general area. I'll offer whatever assistance/support i can. And i have an Eastern P.E.I place (rural) spot to stop/deal with bike stuff and help out. Parking and large building if needed, just don't let me get in over my head.

-Don

I have talked to a few folks about CFR 2008 and it seems that Cape Breton is an ideal location. I have been playing with ride routes on my GPS and looking at possible locations online. If folks are happy with having it in Nova Scotia we can organize it here. If this is the way we want to go I will put up a post shortly with possible dates and we can all work through those.

Thanks

gypsy

Dave,

Scott and I are going to meet today to discuss possibilities for CFR. When is the 3 Flags?

Jude